The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Everly songs used in films8006

Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text

This came up on my feed today...and I freely admit that I've only ever seen the first film clip, from Cocktail. I don't remember seeing Tom Cruise dancing along to When Will I Be Loved, although I do recall that the film co-starred the Australian actor Bryan Brown.[youtube]https://[/youtube]
Post 1 IP   flag post
Judyc13 private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.tvovermind.com/the-best-uses-of-everly-brothers-songs-in-movies-or-tv/
Try this link - I couldn't get the other to open, Liz.

I'd have thought that 'I'm So Lonesome' would have been ascribed to Hank Williams first, though I know the EB also recorded it.

Oddly enough, I also caught 'Bye Bye Love' just recently on the opening scene of an NCIS rerun from 2009.
I'm more attuned to these things now!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
Never seen any of these before thanks for posting. Xxx
Post 3 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Such an interesting post! Thanks Liz!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks for the better link Judy...coincidentally the last random song that played in the car on my way home today was Whatever Happened To Judy...
Post 5 IP   flag post
Judyc13 private msg quote post Address this user
@Liz58 Ha!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Liz and Judy there is a teen romance film called Flipped and there’s some great music in it. Best of all it includes Devoted to You and the closing song is Phils beautiful Let it be me. You can see it on YouTube xx❤️❤️
Post 7 IP   flag post
jtherocker private msg quote post Address this user
When Will I Be Loved is not on the soundtrack recording which is a great shame. No doubt some legal wrangle to blame. Perhaps someone on the site knows why.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Welcome to the Forum jtherocker! Hope that you enjoy yourself here, it's a great place to share all sorts of Everly Brothers information.
Post 9 IP   flag post
jtherocker private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Liz.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Lynn private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for sharing! I really enjoyed this!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Apparently there is a film from1990 called Coupe de Ville about 3 brothers on a road trip which features Crying in the rain. Haven’t seen the film but just love the song xx❤️❤️
Post 12 IP   flag post
KDF private msg quote post Address this user
The majority of the movie “Cocktail” was filmed in Toronto. They used a tavern and just off Danforth Avenue and dressed it all up inside and out and a soundstage in Toronto for other filming
They also filmed down down in the “islands”. They used to film lots of movies in Toronto and recreate them as being filmed in the US. I think apart from the US$ to the Canadian$ conversion rate which made it viable and cost effective to film in Toronto there were some great sound stage facilities there and some great talent as far as set people
I supplied all of the aerial work platforms that were used on the movie and no idea why they chose “When Will I Be Loved” just pleased the did though, it fits fine where it is in the movie. I found Tom Cruise was ok to deal with also
Post 13 IP   flag post
55068 13 13
destitute