The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Sad passing of Harold Bradley8002

Albert private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys,

I know we are all rock and roll/pop music fans because we love the records of the Everly Brothers. But how many of us are country music fans?! I know I am. Phil and Don got their sound from country music. Well, one of my all-time favorite studio/session musicians from the Nashville A-Team died: Harold Bradley. He played on the Everly Brothers song "Ebony Eyes", but other songs he contributed to are on this web page:

http://theboot.com/songs-harold-bradley-played-on/

Don't forget, without great studio/session musicians, the music we listen to just wouldn't be the same. And Harold Bradley's playing was superb!
Post 1 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Great point Albert! Without fabulous session musicians even the most sublime of songs would lose so much! I am sure Harold Bradley will be missed directly by his peers and indirectly by those of us who listen to all the many songs he contributed his talents to! RIP Harold
Post 2 IP   flag post
Judyc13 private msg quote post Address this user
On the Nashville A-Team, and lived to 93! A lifetime of achievement there. I do hope someone recorded his stories somewhere.
Enjoyed the music selection.
After listening to Chattanoogie Shoeshine Boy - from 1950, for heaven's sake - I'm wondering if the term 'hip-hop' came from that...?
Thanks, Albert for the opportunity to recognise another great musician.

[On another note, why does it show the Canadian flag by your name?]
Post 3 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
[b]I have watched this clip many times, I did think of posting it as a separate thread but it seems the right place here.

Those in the know about the studio business of the past frequently talk about studio bands like LA's Wrecking Crew and Detroit's Funk Brothers with great reverence, as well they should. These were some great musicians who were responsible for the soundtracks of our lives, even today to some degree. A studio band frequently overlooked in the conversation is Nashville's "A Team," a group of musicians who made the sound of country music what it was in the 50s through the 70s.

]

Here's a great video of the 5 remaining members (guitarist Harold Bradley, guitarist Ray Edenton, multi-instrumentalist Charlie McCoy, bassist Bob Moore, and keyboardist Hargus "Pig" Robbins) during a photo shoot at the end of 2013. The shoot was at the famous RCA Studio B and the band discusses recording with Dolly Parton, Willie Nelson, and Bob Dylan, among other things.

Read more: http://bobbyowsinski.blogspot.com/2014/02/a-visit-with-nashvilles-team.html#ixzz5eQD0flMP
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @bobbyowsinski on Twitter | bobby.owsinski on Facebook

Post 4 IP   flag post
Albert private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for posting the videos and comments. They make for very interesting reading and viewing. I have a Canadian flag next to my name because I am from and live in Toronto, Canada.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Judyc13 private msg quote post Address this user
@Albert Oh, sorry,Albert! So used to seeing Albert Lee on here, I thought it was him. (You mean there’s another Albert?)
Note to self: pay attention!
Thanks again for interesting post
Post 6 IP   flag post
55068 6 6
destitute