The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Happy 82nd Birthday lovely Don7999

Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Don so do hope you have a fab day. Have tried (senior moments to send best regards - none tech) - so hope you recieve these. Lots of love hugs and kisees and of course - Much Love Kathy xxxxxx

For your fans few photos not I hope yet on the net ie my photos!!!

Post 1 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Happy Birthday Don! I do hope you look at the forum from time to time and see how well respected and loved you are by fans of yourself and Phil! May you have your mother's genes and enjoy many, many more happy birthdays! [Lovely post Kathy!]
Post 2 IP   flag post
Sharona private msg quote post Address this user
Happy Birthday to my favorite person in the world, you, Don Everly! Love, love, love ya!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Kathy, what fabulous pix of Don! I love them all and they are definitely new to me. How do you get these treasures? Did you take any of them? Are you the cute blonde in the second and fourth photos? Okay, I'll quit the interrogation now.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Sharona thank you for your kind words - not sure I've been called cute before - kinda like it in my old age! Yes the photos are mine I like 6 and 7 best he was (is) so sexy - especially 6. We had just had a run in with the UK police - their drummer (Jim Gordon) and I tried to get in the car behind them, not their car - and we were attached, I was punched in the stomach and Jimmy was hit over the head a punched. It was totally new to us - the police had never reacted like this to us. Brian Epstein was involved hence problem me thinks!!! Don jumped out of their car and shouted at the police and rescued me, but Don wouldn't let it drop and quite right too bless him - he is a lovely caring man.

First photo I had with Don
Post 5 IP   flag post
Wow! What a fascinating story! How shocking and awful what happened to you and Jim Gordon!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Judyc13 private msg quote post Address this user
Love the photos! I do hope someone lets Don know to look here occasionally.
Happy birthday, Mr Don! You are so loved, respected and appreciated.
Post 7 IP   flag post
We were okay a little bit or rather to be honest quite a bit shaken. You are American so you will not understand fully, but you clearly do. In England back then the police to me were Dickson of Dock Green wonderful police officers who looked out for everyone - so the attitude and brutality we experienced that day was totally alien to me. I can still hear Don yelling she's a woman you just punched her in the stomach. I have never had any regard for the police since.
Post 8 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user

Post 9 IP   flag post
Sorry to hear that @Kathyc - one shouldn’t let a disturbed minority affect one’s respect for the force as a whole.
From the time our village policeman taught our primary school safe cycling and road safety, to my first visit in Belfast, when I was greeted by a kindly Ulster policeman helping me cross the road, (“You’re alright, daughter”), I have always thought that most UK policemen have the very best motives. I continue to think that, having been in the US for thirty years. However, it’s also true that some are drawn to the profession for the wrong reasons. They don’t usually last long in the job.
So sorry for the bad experience, but glad you had a wonderful defender!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Marion private msg quote post Address this user
Happy Birthday Don! Hope you have a great day, and all the best to you in the coming year!
Extra special photos Kathy, and a very interesting story. Unbelievable you should be punched like that, wow! But as Judy said you had a wonderful defender!
Post 11 IP   flag post
colorado3 private msg quote post Address this user
Avery Happy Birthday to you Don, l love you and Phil with all my heart now and for ever .You are the best singers and down to earth genuine gorgeous men on the planet. l listen to you day and night ,l just love sll your songs and music. You are both true legends and never will be forgotten .You are loved by all and always will be .So loving and gentle with the exquisite perfect voices in the world . I hope you have a lovely Birthday and many more to come .You are both in my heart for ever .Love you always God Bless Darling Phil R I P see you with the angels Phil Devoted To You .Love Paula xxx .
Post 12 IP   flag post
MarieLuluSibenik private msg quote post Address this user
Happy Birthday Don. Hope it was a great one with family and friends.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Ever1yfan private msg quote post Address this user
Kathy, do you know which venue the backstage shots are from please?
Post 14 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Nice photo of Don playing Bo's guitar 👍
Post 15 IP   flag post
Sharon private msg quote post Address this user

Happy Birthday Don, and thank you for all you have given us.
Post 16 IP   flag post
MeFloody yes nice pic of Don playing Bo's guitar, shame it's not very clear always had great subjects but couldn't take a photo for toffee!

Ever1yfan the photos from the top are:-

Outside Mayfair Hotel - May 1965
Granada Bedford - October 1965
Royal Garden Hotel - September 1985
NEC 1990's
Ireland 1966
Heathrow - May 1965
Granada East Ham - October 1965
Bo & last pic Watford - October 1963

He is another pic from Ireland in 1966 think it was at Dundalk
Post 17 IP   flag post
Ever1yfan private msg quote post Address this user
WATFORD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks 🤗
Post 18 IP   flag post
bert private msg quote post Address this user

Post 19 IP   flag post

Post 20 IP   flag post

Post 21 IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
Dear Don Everly - Many Happy returns of the day to you. ❤️❤️
Post 22 IP   flag post
@Kathyc (Heavy sigh) looking at those venues, they were very close to my home in 1965. I'd like to go back and wake up my teenage self and tell her to pay more attention! Oh, well. Maybe in my next life...
Post 23 IP   flag post
Marty private msg quote post Address this user
Happy Birthday to our hero, Don!

@Kathyc As always, it’s so much fun to relive your insider experiences with Don and Phil. What a Lucky Duck you were, to have known them so intimately! I’m sure we ALL love and appreciate that you so generously share your photos and happy memories with us here. And if Don is reading, I bet they make him smile as well!🤗
Post 24 IP   flag post
cuddles private msg quote post Address this user
happy birthday don have a great day
peter
Post 25 IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user

One of my favourite photos of the very handsome Mr Everly...

Happy Birthday to you Don.😍🎂🍾
Post 26 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Happy Birthday to you Don! You've already out lived Phil by Seven years, including the two before Phil was born!

I do hope you are having a happy retirement! Do you still play your guitar and write songs? Maybe fishing and relaxing generally is more on the cards! XXXXX
Post 27 IP   flag post
BobbyBri private msg quote post Address this user

Happy 82nd birthday, Don Everly!
Many good wishes for you, just as expressed in the song by Whitney Houston:

"I hope life treats you kind
And I hope you have all you've dreamed of
And I wish to you joy and happiness."
Post 28 IP   flag post
Jujole private msg quote post Address this user
Dear Don - Wishing you a Very Happy, Healthy Birthday and Many More!
You and Phil have given so much Joy to the World. Thank you Deeply for your Music, Singing, Harmonies, Writing, Arrangements, Humor, and That Rhythm Guitar. G-d Bless You. With Gratitude & Love, J
Post 29 IP   flag post
DarrenGreenwood private msg quote post Address this user
A belated Happy Birthday Don. I hope you had a great Birthday with friends and family.
Post 30 IP   flag post
55068 35 30
destitute