The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Another one from Sharona6667996

Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user

Seeing the previous post reminded me of another good one that Sharona posted on YouTube recently. I did manage to get my hands on the album In Germany and Italy which features this track on it.
There's some great pictures here too, some I think from the book that comes with the Price of Fame box set.
Post 1 IP   flag post
colorado3 private msg quote post Address this user
The Boys can sing anything and sound so beautiful in any language they are truly blessed and gifted ,even when they speak they sound devine .l love Phil and Don with all my heart ,l listen to them day and night and in the car, l can,t get through the day without hearing them ,they are the best singers in the world ,their voices are exquisit and wonderful .Darling Phil ,l will see you with the angels and hold you and love you for ever Devoted To You all my love to you and your Family.Paula xxx
Post 2 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
Lovely this is April 1965. The boys had the German bell bottom trousers that soon became a big English thing, bell bottoms were but not ones with pleats. Don wore his to the Ready Steady Go rehearsals, Cathy McGowan went ott about them and Don Wayne was despatched back to a London to get Phil's. They wore them on the live broadcast guess Phil's heart was not in it as he gave his pair of trousers to Billy J Crammer a few months later when they toured on Star Scene 65 and Billy said how much he liked his pants and Phil just gave them to him!!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Phil and Don can sound wonderful whatever they sing! German is not the most musical of languages so they do very well here! Mind you as far as I can see, they could sing the telephone directory and it would still sound sublime!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
i don’t think I've known an act have so many photo shoots Liz! Must have been so tiring along with continual interviews, rehearsals, recording, learning so many new songs, travelling, tv and radio broadcasts, live shows and singing in other languages. I suppose they had the words written phonetically. How well they sung them!

Kathy, I well remember those bell bottom trousers and their appearance on ‘Ready Steady Go’ when they wore them! xxxxx
Post 5 IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
Another grear new one for me thank you.
Post 6 IP   flag post

Great song, thanks to Sharona again!!
Some lovely photos too, what handsome men they were...
Post 7 IP   flag post
colorado3 private msg quote post Address this user
The two most gorgeous handsome men on the planet with the most best voices in the world .Phil and Don are legends and icons and will never be forgotten ,l love them with all my heart ,I adore Phil and love him for ever ,he is in my prayers every night and in my heart for always .My heart was broken when he left us, phils voice is so perfect and exquisite ,l will see him with the angels and hold him and love him for ever God Bless you darlings .Devoted To You my love for ever to you Paula xxx .
Post 8 IP   flag post

I'm lost in admiration for the talents of Sharona...
Where do you find these pictures?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Liz58 -

I know, right? And she uses photos from Don's most beautiful years of 1968 - 1979. He was, in my opinion, at the peak of his beauty then. It's not like he totally lost it post 1979, but photos from that 11 year span can stop my heart!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Sharona private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for your kind words. Speaking of heart-stopping, this just about stopped mine, despite the beard!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Sharona -

That is so beautiful! I love Don clean shaven, scruffy and with a full beard! He was so perfectly gorgeous. There really is no other male rock star or celebrity back in that time period that surpassed Don's beauty. One or two may have come close, but none surpassed.
Post 12 IP   flag post
55068 12 12
destitute