The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Don and Phil, interview and tribute , mid 60s7993

Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user

Found this one today on YouTube. It's featuring Terry Jacks, but from about 7 minutes in, he pays tribute by singing Price of Love. He then goes on to a short interview with Don and Phil, ending by him again singing an EB song, this time Gone Gone Gone.
I've not seen it before, but as it was posted in 2012, if anyone has already seen it, apologies for the duplication.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
Lis thank so much for this have never seen before. In fact had never heard of Terry Jacks apparently Canadian? Totally new to me! Love Don and Phil's interview and their embarrassments - so sweet. THANK AGAIN!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Judyc13 private msg quote post Address this user
This is the one where they both looked either jet-lagged, or just really short of sleep. Never could work out why they weren't singing their own songs.
Also, someone should really have told them they were still on camera at the end!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
Kathy, the only time I'd heard of Terry Jacks was through his hit, Seasons In The Sun.
It wasn't a great interview , but I thought it was worth posting anyway.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Liz58 -

That's the only way I know Terry Jacks as well.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
Remember Seasons in the Sun too just didn't put the connection.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Ever1yfan private msg quote post Address this user
And the picture st the back of the set had been reversed, Phil's parting is on the wrong side
Post 7 IP   flag post
BobbyBri private msg quote post Address this user
See also this post, in which Chris did a great research on this topic.

clickable text
Post 8 IP   flag post
Judyc13 private msg quote post Address this user
@BobbyBri Thanks to Chris for original post, and you for re-posting. Interesting brief talk there on drugs by EB. Also liked the 'Canadian Dave Clark Five'- cute little guys, but they looked so small!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Liz. I have seen this before and I always thought it strange that he would have Don and Phil on his show not have them sing and then sing their songs. Wierd. Good to see them though xx❤️❤️
Post 10 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
That really is a strange video! The Poppy family [who ever they were] seem to have had a mass charisma bypass, especially the guy asking Don and Phil such crass questions about their finances etc!! They both looked very tired and finding it difficult to make anything of this odd little interview! And yes, how strange not to have heard the boys doing their own song! Always interesting to see what is thrown up from the past though on You Tube! Thanks for the post Liz!
Post 11 IP   flag post
KDF private msg quote post Address this user
I've seen this before and the show looks as though they had a budget of no more than $10 Canadian for the whole series and bless him Terry looks as comfortable as the budget.
I think I read that they were from British Columbia and this was filmed there.
Still always got to be thankful to see the Evs
Cheers
KDF
Post 12 IP   flag post
Forgot to mention the Terry Jacks Sister Susan Jacks was in the band The Poppy Family which had a hit called "Which Way Your Going Billy".
It was a small hit in the UK not sure about North America
KDF
Post 13 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
KDF -

Fun fact: Marie Osmond covered the song Which Way You Going Billy.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Somewhere in a deep recess of my brain I think I had heard that but could not bring it to mind when I submitted this so thanks for that Redhead1966
KDF
Post 15 IP   flag post
55068 15 15
destitute