The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user

Much as it grieves me, as it's been posted on YouTube by EBI, I thought that it was still worth posting here as I hadn't seen this interview before.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for posting Liz. I saw it had popped up on YouTube and like you when I saw it was from EBI. I wondered what to do. As you say it’s always nice to see something newxx❤️❤️
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Liz! Amazing to see something new! xxxxx
Post 3 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
They are so relaxed it is really nice to see. I know we all have reservations about EBI but until the radio and TV stations and Joe public start to give these interviews and concerts etc to Everly family sites and forums then the only way of seeing new things seems to be when they release them. 😒
Post 4 IP   flag post
Marion private msg quote post Address this user
As you said Jean it is amazing to see something new. It is a nice interview as well. Don and Phil seem so at ease and the interviewer is also personable and friendly.
I do appreciate as a fan that someone is finding material and sharing it .
Post 5 IP   flag post
Preston private msg quote post Address this user
I guess I don't know about all the animus toward EBI. As far as I can tell, it's an open road of admiration and information about the brothers and I'm happy to see this interview! There's no discernible commerce there(save a party in Europe that they've had a couple of times) so it's not like money's being handed around to the detriment of the family. I get quite a bit out of the numerous postings I've not seen before and glad it's there, same as this forum. Excuse me if this is a touchy subject here, I don't want to start a flame war if there are deep feelings(so please don't). I'm close to their mother and got a letter from her yesterday, which she dictated and someone else wrote out, and we speak on the phone fairly often. I will be visiting her in a few weeks and did so less than a year ago. Preston in Darien, CT
Post 6 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
@Preston
It is really good you have contact with Margaret. I hope you have an enjoyable visit.
Some birthday cards were forwarded onto Margaret maybe you could ask her if she received them Preston.
Please pass on best wishes for her.
Post 7 IP   flag post
dannyboy private msg quote post Address this user
Sue Simmons long-time anchor on WNBC in NYC. Smart and funny. A slipped profanity led to her contract not being renewed. Good interview here. I bet there are more interviews out there. How to unearth them?
Post 8 IP   flag post
I will ask Margaret about the birthday cards tomorrow, @chrisw
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collibosher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston
I guess I don't know about all the animus toward EBI. As far as I can tell, it's an open road of admiration and information about the brothers and I'm happy to see this interview! There's no discernible commerce there(save a party in Europe that they've had a couple of times) so it's not like money's being handed around to the detriment of the family.

Goes back to when Martial had a major falling out with the brothers back in the early 90's (?) Issues over merchandise sales. I'll leave it at that. I personally don't take a side here as I don't know the full story, but it was quite acrimonious.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Yes, thanks Collibosher, I have heard about that, and the allegations, and just wonder if it is particularly relevant anymore. So I do visit the FB site and don't consider it toxic, just from what I see.
Post 11 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Liz! As everyone is saying it's great to see something new online! I hope you find/found Mrs Everly well and had a nice visit too Preston! I do hope you told her that everyone on this forum sends her their best wishes and really cares about her welfare?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks liz, a great intervue. The boys so relaxed.
Post 13 IP   flag post
55068 13 13
destitute