The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys re Walk Right Back - The Everly Brothers Story - its on at Littlecote House in Berkshire on 13th May. I've just talked a good friend of mine to go along on a 4 day Warners break. Hope we are still friends at the end of it. I've never done a Warners thing before - expect they will all be so elderly I'll end up feeling young!!! Did a Saga Sapphire cruises 2 years ago - mistake - will leave until I'm 90 to ever do again. My friend sings and joined the choir. One day I asked why she had Everly songs, Dream and Let it be Me she had no idea they were Everly songs she cant cook either - but she's a good friend. Turned out next to last day (on the cruise) they did tributes to Buddy Holly and the Evs and the final night it was mainly the Ev's with the choir doing their bit too.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Judyc13 private msg quote post Address this user
@Kathyc Couldn't be all bad then...
Post 2 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
The "Walk right back" show was, against my preconceived ideas, a very good show with the Wilson brothers doing a brilliant job as Don and Phil.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
I agree Mike, we thoroughly enjoyed the show when we saw it in Dundee last May, and we're going again this May. It's obviously not the same as seeing the real Don and Phil, but a great night out just the same. The only downside is the spectre of M.....L B.....S in the background, being involved with the production....
Fellow forum members will just have to make up their own minds about whether or not to go.
Post 4 IP   flag post
bert private msg quote post Address this user
There are two duo's touring Holland/Belgium at this moment, both doing a live Everly Show. Here is one of them : "The Wieners"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBVGKHiKb-w
Post 5 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Well I’m determined to see the show. I bought tickets last year. Front row centre just like I liked when I went to see Don and Phil. However my husband booked a holiday in Spain so I gave the tickets to my brother. I certainly wouldn’t have been going on holiday had it been our heroes.
So I booked some more tickets for this year at Easter at new brighten. Now he’s booked for us to go skiing with all the family!! So to end this saga I’ve bought some more tickets for early June at stockport.!! Will keep you posted it better be a good showxx❤️❤️
Post 6 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Joyb, you are a trooper. I do hope you get to see it this time around 😃😃
Post 7 IP   flag post
Sounds like deliberate sabotage to me, Joy!
Post 8 IP   flag post
ChrisH private msg quote post Address this user
Joyb I saw the show in Stockport last year and am going again in June. It's an excellent show and I am sure you will enjoy it.
Post 9 IP   flag post
You could be right Judy although my husband also a Philip which was to his advantage when I met him. Has come to many Everly concerts with me including the reunion.
ChrisH we will have to try and find each other at stockport show xx❤️❤️
Post 10 IP   flag post
I'll be in UK in October - anyone know if it might still be on somewhere then?
Post 11 IP   flag post
ChrisH private msg quote post Address this user
Joyb that would be good.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Sorry Judy the tour seems to finish at the end of June at the momentxx❤️❤️
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Joyb Thanks anyway - as I feared. Hope to see something some day.
Post 14 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
As we will sadly never see Don and Phil again playing live, these tribute shows are as good as it gets and will hopefully introduce some new people to the Everly Brothers back catalogue whilst giving long time fans an evening of nostalgia as they hear all their favourites one more time!
Post 15 IP   flag post
54757 15 15
destitute