The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Post 1 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for posting this, ChrisW!

I never understood why they included Devoted To You in their 'deadly medley' of sad songs. It's not a sad song. Anyone have any ideas??
Post 2 IP   flag post
dannyboy private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like the summer concert series on City Hall Plaza.
Post 3 IP   flag post
oldrosie private msg quote post Address this user
This is great thanks for the post
Post 4 IP   flag post
I posted another concert from Boston quite some time ago now on a thread, it was from 1994.

It was a longer concert than this one and was done on a hand held video, but it is still a great concert to watch and is in colour.
Post 5 IP   flag post
How can I find that post of the '94 concert?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Try this:

https://tinyurl.com/y9rkjtur

Sorry - it says the video is unavailable.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I am rebooting my computer back with the thread asap
Post 8 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Super concert Thanks so much for this thread Chris!! We can never get enough live footage of our boys!!
Post 9 IP   flag post
I can find the thread but it says archived and I do not know how to bring the thread back up, this is the concert. Click on the 2 line which is underlined and it plays from youtube.

Post 10 IP   flag post
The video is unavailable.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Won't it let you click on the "Watch this video on youtube"? It works when I click on that line which is underlined. Try it again in case it is a glitch.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Well that definitely looks like City Hall Plaza and the reference to our late great mayor Tommy Mennino makes me feel certain it was part of the Summer Concert Series. I'm sure Tommy (or as he was affectionatley called Mumbles) Mennino was a huge Everly Brothers fan.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Can you view the new link for the 1994 concert then Dannyboy which I have just linked above?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Yes, I got both the '94 and '95 concerts. Wish I had been there.
Post 15 IP   flag post
So do I Danny boy. I am pleased that you can view them too😊
Post 16 IP   flag post
OK, it works now!!

Thanks!
Post 17 IP   flag post
Clicked the link to watch this video on you tube.
Post 18 IP   flag post
BobbyBri private msg quote post Address this user
Chris, you can find your thread here:
clickable text

There comes the message "the video is unavailable" as well but clicking on the underlined line (watch this video on youtube) as you suggested, it works properly.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
Great post thanks Chris.
Post 20 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Hooray managed to see both of these videos I agree the sound is poor on the second one but fun to see it as if from the audience as is said above!!
Post 21 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry but this is horrid, the sound is bad - so are the audience walking about etc. Certainly in the UK we all sat watched and listened you could hear a pin drop when they sang Dream. Maybe it's a culture thing. I guess you guys were not lucky enough to see them perform, and I do truly feel sorry for you that you were not privileged to do so. They gave some very memerable wonderful performances sadly they don't seem to have been recorded like the ones here - what a pity the boys were so much better than this - believe me - it makes me sad. Xxx
Post 22 IP   flag post
Marion private msg quote post Address this user
Unfortunately for many of us we never got to an Everly concert or a live performance. I do agree watching people get up and walk out for any reason seems not right and I do wonder at times if performers or speakers ever really get used to the audience members getting up and moving around etc. I was brought up to sit through a church service or whatever and to this day I would get up only if I had no choice. I do not think it is cultural but it is poor behavior.
Post 23 IP   flag post
What? I attended the Beatles concert at Shea Stadium in '65. Paid $7.00 for that ticket and heard exactly 10 lines. Screaming and carrying on started with Frank Sinatra, continued with Elvis and became more intense with The Beatles. Fast forward to mosh pits and rave dances. A carnival athmosphere has been part of the concert scene for decades and will continue in one form or another. I recall one interview with Don when he said that he most enjoyed shows where families sit on the lawns while kids get up and dance and run around.
Post 24 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
I'm with you Kathy. I find it most disrespectful to any act, to talk and move around while they are on stage. I went to a show in Nashville where a table of women laughing and shouting to each other above the music made the whole evening a bummer. When it comes to Beatles concert, I saw them live in 1963 and one of the few things I heard all night through the screams was John shouting down to us, 'Can you hear any of this c**p, because we can't' 😄
Post 25 IP   flag post
In the 1970's a new type of club was around a night club which would serve table meals. There was hardly much choice but they were known as "Chicken in a Basket". The new night clubs rising up around my area was Batley Variety Club (which the EB's appeared at) "The Fiesta" in Sheffield, "Wakefield Theatre club". I never had a meal when I went to these clubs, all the waitresses came to your table, they were walking around between each set of tables which were tiered taking orders for drinks and meals, so they were constantly walking around looking for customers who wanted to order. The acts on stage had to cope with all this going on, all the talking for the orders and payment etc.

I remember vividly Shirley Bassey would only do a concert at The Wakefield Variety club if NO ONE walked around whilst she was on stage. So the audience were told that if they did not get their orders in by a certain time that they would have to wait until she had finished her set. I wasn't there but friends were. It was what she wanted and she got it, no doubt ardent fans were pleased.
Post 26 IP   flag post
54757 26 26
destitute