The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
BobbyBri private msg quote post Address this user

Written by Phil Everly and Warren Zevon. Recorded August 1975 for Phil’s third solo album MYSTIC LINE.

This is a very nice love song and Phil finds beautiful phrases to describe his love. Reminds me a little bit of the so-called Great Song of Love from the Bible - hope I don't offend anyone.

But much more than that, Phil is our January Butterfly himself. First, since he's born and passed away in just this first calendar month but second and in particular, because a man of his kindness is as rare to find as a January Butterfly.

And as a butterfly our soul has wings to fly and when the time comes, we have to let it go.

And, oh, my soul extended
its wings through skies to roam:
O’er quiet lands suspended,
my soul was flying home.

(Joseph Freiherr von Eichendorff, German poet and novelist, who died from pneumonia in 1857)
Post 1 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Man Phil sweated a lot when he sang! It looks like he dove into a pool He is very much missed!
Post 2 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
@BobbyBri

Lovely comments Bobby, Phil certainly is our January Butterfly. I adore the song.

Post 3 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
A LOVELY, LOVELY song by dear Phil! He certainly could put his soul into his songs! Haven't heard this before so thanks so much for the post Bobby! What a heavenly voice!
Post 4 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
I am sure if you keep listening to the song it will become a favourite DeeDee a most beautiful song by Phil. A big favourite of mine, 💕
Post 5 IP   flag post
colorado3 private msg quote post Address this user
Beautiful song sung by a Beautiful person who is the best singer in the world ,so pure , equisite and pitch perfect .l have Phils cd with this song on and l love it as l do every one of his songs. His voice is mesmerising and l listen to The Everlys day and night and in the car.I have nearly all their cds albums and even cassettes.l have all Phils solo,s cds . l love him so much and he is always in my heart .He is in my prayers every night and l will always love him for eternity ,l have his picture beside my bed and l kiss him every night .l will see him with the angels and hold him and love him for everly . Devoted to The Everlys Paula xxx Dream ,Dream Dream .
Post 6 IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
Just lovely!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
54757 7 7
destitute