Post 7 IP   flag post
bert private msg quote post Address this user

Post 8 IP   flag post
Phil and me
Post 9 IP   flag post
Marion private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Bert, great Phil photos.
Great memories for his family, friends and fans.
Post 10 IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Oh, how I would have loved to have talked about classic cars and trucks with him some more as we chatted for a moment, but he and Don were going on-stage a short moment later. Can't get over how friendly he was. And, just to think that it was ~ five miles from where I'm living and typing this right now. What a life they had / have. The Everly Brothers will always be Number ONE with me.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
Me too Craig, they bring so much pleasure to my life,
Great pictures Bert, thinking of Phil especially today. thank you.
Post 12 IP   flag post
donandphilfan private msg quote post Address this user
Great photo's and as always wonderful memories. Hard to believe Phil has been gone for 5 years now but of course the music lives on and will always bring untold pleasure to us all.
Thinking back to one of their concerts a while back,we were chatting to Phil outside the theatre afterwards and he mistook my husbands car for his ride and went to get in. Couldn't believe afterwards that I'd stopped him!!
As everyone always says, he was the friendliest and most polite man you could wish to meet.

I play their music every day and still marvel at Phil's harmony.. just brilliant.

Missed by us all.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Sharon private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for sharing these Bert.My turntable will be spinning when I get home today, thanks Phil and Don.
Post 14 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by donandphilfan
Thinking back to one of their concerts a while back,we were chatting to Phil outside the theatre afterwards and he mistook my husbands car for his ride and went to get in. Couldn't believe afterwards that I'd stopped him!!
As everyone always says, he was the friendliest and most polite man you could wish to meet.

I play their music every day and still marvel at Phil's harmony.. just brilliant.

Great Story. I once got in the wrong car it was identical to ours and only just a few cars away from where my husband was parked, I got in the front and looked at the driver and was so embarrassed then I saw the child in the back and realised I knew the child from the school where I worked, thankfully I never heard it mentioned in school!!! LOL My husband just laughed when I told him what had happened.

Post 15 IP   flag post
Sharona private msg quote post Address this user
All the pix are fabulous Bert! I love that pic of a laughing Phil overlooking a guy knocking over a vase. Phil seems to have had a great sense of humor and i'm sure would have found that pretty funny!
Post 16 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Great photos Bert. Phil is missed as much today as the day he passed.

Best wishes to the Everly family, it will always be a difficult day.
Post 17 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Lovely photos Bert! I still remember how shocked I felt when I heard that Phil had passed away and it's 5 years already!! Time just flies away from us!! Today I was so pleased to see that music cassettes are apparently making a comeback and I bought a cute little cassette player in a nearby music shop which had some on display and thus proved the point, so now I can re-play all my lovely old Everly cassettes again! Phil is so sadly missed but we are blessed by having his music to enjoy every day and which will live forever!
Post 18 IP   flag post
BobbyBri private msg quote post Address this user
Beautiful pictures Bert! Thank you
It must have been quite a gift to know Phil personally. He still makes a big impression also on people who haven't met him - even five years after his death. A great man.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Bert and Chris for the wonderful photos. A very sad day as we all remember dear Phil. He and Don brought so much pleasure to so many. He will never be forgotten as we all have our memories to look back on xx❤️❤️
Post 20 IP   flag post
MarieLuluSibenik private msg quote post Address this user
Post 21 IP   flag post
As most of you will know I've met Phil many many times, even in his home in LA. We have spent hours together talking about guitars and music after and before concerts, in hotels and cars. He was very special and he always made time for me and took care of my back-stage pass.I will ever forget that very moving moment when he hugged me after he had heard that my youger brother died in a car crash.It was before a concert in Belgium. He knew that we did a lot of Everly stuff with our band, 'cause I gave him our cd with 4 Everly songs we recorded when I visited him in LA. Just a great guy ❤️

Post 22 IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Absolutely wonderful that you two were such close friends, Bert. I always thought how much fun it would be to have him a neighborhood . school pal-buddy-confidante......
Post 23 IP   flag post
Marion private msg quote post Address this user
So wonderful for fans to read the happy and loving stories of Phil by people who personally knew him. Hope Phil’s family and friends read all the comments as well, he is very missed by so many.
Fortunately we still have all the amazing music.
Post 24 IP   flag post
54757 24 24
destitute