The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
Sharon private msg quote post Address this user
A few of my favorite pictures of Phil, we miss you.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Ever1yfan private msg quote post Address this user
The bottom one, his last appearance as a Brother, for Buddy 😇😇🦋
Post 2 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Never ever to be forgotten ❤️❤️❤️
Post 3 IP   flag post
Marion private msg quote post Address this user
Remembering Phil,and thinking of his family and loved ones.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
Loverly pictures, thank you Sharon.
Post 5 IP   flag post
donandphilfan private msg quote post Address this user
Remembering Phil today and every day.
Post 6 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Lovely photos Sharon, lots of my favourites. Remembering Phil will fondness and always his smile and laugh. He was a lovely man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeFloody
Never ever to be forgotten

He never will be I am sure. Sending good wishes to all his family.
Post 7 IP   flag post

Post 8 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
Well today is a very sad day one we all wish had never happened. My thoughts today however go to his family as much as we miss him they miss him more. Firstly Patti the most, my anniversary of the day I lost my husband was last Friday so I can truly feel for her - she has lost her husband, her soul mate and the love of her life, she has to just get on with her life without him. It's not easy believe me. Then his two boys - they have lost the Dad they loved - his guidance, compassion, love and direction. His two little grandaughters have lost the love and fun. His mother's has lost her precious son. Remember in I think it was the early 90's Phil's next door neighbours son had been killed in a motorcycle accident and his son had phoned to tell him, he was devistated and was waiting for a convenient time to call his neighbours (time difference between LA and London) he was so distressed and upset he said to me how can you cope with this - he didn't know how, he said he couldn't handle the loss of one of his children and he didn't know what to say. Then of course his lovely brother who has had to live without being able to see him again. Don I expect misses him much more than anyone. Rest in peace sweet Phil we all love and miss you.
Post 9 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Yes we all think about lovely Phil Everly especially on this poignant anniversary It is never easy to lose someone you love and his family, his dear wife and two sons and I hope Don too will be thinking special thoughts as of course will his mother! We all miss him, even if we never met the man himself who seems to have been universally liked and admired and whose open smile says so much about who he was, we have his music and that is a consolation! God bless and keep you Phil.
Post 10 IP   flag post
BobbyBri private msg quote post Address this user
I like to think that's Phil greeting us from the other side. He looks as casual and relaxed as if he wanted to say "hey folks, I just came down to the gate to let you know I'm waiting for you in the other room of the party". And he really can breathe!

Post 11 IP   flag post
Lovely photo of Phil Bobby. I agree he does really relaxed.

His legs go on forever.

Patti said the same thing, at least he can breathe now.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Yes Chris, I know she said that. It must have been terrible for her to see the man she loved fighting for every breath. She has my sympathy and respect for holding out with him.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I remember what Duane Eddy said when he and Phil were writing the album for Duane, Duane said that Patti adored Phil. She was heartbroken when he had gone. I have been thinking of her today.

I lost a very dear cousin last Sunday and he and his wife were devoted to each other, they would be seen holding hands often. I have been upset at losing my cousin, a wonderful man.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Phil had written a big part of the song "Call on God" he sang it down the phone to Ken Harrell and the two of them along with AJ Masters finished the song off at Phil's home

I wanted to post the photo of Phil, AJ and Ken but it is hiding at the moment, I found this one without Ken Harrell for now.

Now I found the one I was looking for!

Post 15 IP   flag post
The song "Call on God" written by Phil, AJ Masters and Ken Harrell.
Phil harmonising.

Post 16 IP   flag post
Great song and great pictures - thank you Chris!
I remember Patti saying that Phil used to read his bible a lot. No wonder he also wrote such religious songs. And he did a first-class job of that, too.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I am sure another one he co-wrote with Ken was "Home to you Kentucky". I did have it for a while then it expired. I emailed Ken and he said go-ahead and post another one onto youtube. He had read it incorrectly I was asking if he could repost the song as I do not have it. I admit I haven't looked for the song in a couple of months now. It is a fabulous song Bobby.
Post 18 IP   flag post
MarieLuluSibenik private msg quote post Address this user
Sad today. Glad Phil practiced his faith.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
Great song and lovely pictures.
Post 20 IP   flag post
54757 20 20
destitute