The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Driving Home for Christmas7975

BobbyBri private msg quote post Address this user

Yes, I know the title isn't an Everly Brothers's one but it just goes so well with the occasion – bear with me, please.
And although they are said to “Always Drive A Cadillac” they prefer to drive Phil's old truck for this very special event.

Wishing you all a joyous and blessed Christmas and Peace, Health, and Happiness throughout the coming year!

To those we love and see each day
and other loved ones far away
To all good friends who mean so much,
and those with whom we’re out of touch…
Merry Christmas and best wishes for a happy New Year.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Beautiful thoughts Bobby Thank. You and you and everyone else here are wished the same xx🎅🏻⛄️🎅🏻⛄️
Post 2 IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
HA, thanks Bobby and I dare say that Phil (who we all miss, dearly!) would like as much and would prefer that cool, cool, old truck, to a Cadillac, even though he could well afford a Cadillac. He would have liked a 1960 one,instead of the ones today which don't hold a candle to the more classic ones. He certainly did like classic automobiles. I would have LOVED to have talked with him longer about classic cars and trucks when we met (along with Don who was friendly, also)for that short, but foreverly memorable time for me, for a few moments in West Philadelphia years ago.

Have a great Holiday Season and at the risk of being a humbug, there are only 90 more days 'til Spring. That picture of the coastal area that Bert sent is what heaven is like, I hope, I assume, I pray, then again, maybe I'll be sent to a real, real HOT place down in the depths of the Earth. I dunno, the landlord down there is always walking around with a pitchfork in his hand.......Gulp!
Post 3 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyBri
To those we love and see each day
and other loved ones far away
To all good friends who mean so much,
and those with whom we’re out of touch…
Merry Christmas and best wishes for a happy New Year.

Bobby such a good post and I think we must be telepathic as we seem to think the same quite often

Tomorrow - Christmas Eve - I was going to post the same title "Driving Home for Christmas". It was last year at this time of year when Virginia Hebel Perl was driving to see her family for Christmas and was in a fatal automobile accident. I do not want anything to happen to anyone on the roads so please take great care when driving to see loved ones.

Bobby has said all the sentiments we hold dear, please also goodwill to everyone.

I had a song in mind when I thought of "Driving Home for Christmas" and although it is not an Everly song, it is for everyone driving home for Christmas. This song is very popular still in the UK and I believe it was voted the favourite Christmas song last year. I am sure many of you know of this song.

Post 4 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Lyrics

I'm driving home for Christmas
Oh, I can't wait to see those faces
I'm driving home for Christmas, yea
Well I'm moving down that line
And it's been so long
But I will be there
I sing this song
To pass the time away
Driving in my car
Driving home for Christmas

It's gonna take some time
But I'll get there
Top to toe in tailbacks
Oh, I got red lights on the run
But soon there'll be a freeway yeah
Get my feet on holy ground

So I sing for you
Though you can't hear me
When I get through
And feel you near me
Driving in my car
I'm driving home for Christmas
With a thousand memories

I take look at the driver next to me
He's just the same
Just the same

Top to toe in tailbacks
Oh, I got red lights all around
I'm driving home for Christmas, yea
Get my feet on holy ground
So I sing for you
Though you can't hear me
When I get trough
Oh and feel you near me
Driving in my car
With a thousand memories

I take look at the driver next to me
He's just the same
He's driving home, driving home

Songwriters: Christopher Anton Rea
Post 5 IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks, Chris, great song, indeed. Has that '70's Al Jarreau, jazzy, disco, soft, sound.

Yes, all should drive cautiously. I used to love to drive, but around here these days it is full of racers driving and weaving in and out very fast, while texting, eating, you name it!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
For those who don’t know of Virginia Hebel Perl or her connection with Phil this thread tells about her.

https://forum.everlyfans.org/topic/7017/virginia-perl-and-phil/
Post 7 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Such a sad story about your friend Ms Perl but a lovely Chris Rea song!! Hope everyone who is driving home for Christmas has a safe journey and a warm welcome when they get there! Have a wonderful Christmas everyone!
Post 8 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
THANKS BOBBY AND TO ALL THE MEMBERS OF PHIL'S FORUM FOR JUST BEING HERE
PEACE AND GOODWILL TO YOU ALL
Post 9 IP   flag post
54757 9 9
destitute