The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Dreaming of a White Christmas7970

bert private msg quote post Address this user
"I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas" here on my sunny island...
Post 1 IP   flag post
Took these pictures in Rotterdam 1984.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Bert -

Wishing you and everyone here a Merry Christmas.

Here is your dream of a White Christmas:

And here is the reality:

Post 3 IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Wonderful. Great shots Bert and Redhead. I'm dreaming of a Christmas where the Sun might peek through for a moment or two, seeing as it has been raining like cats & dogs here since YESTERDAY AFTERNOON! Still pouring, flooding creeks and roads, airport delays, etc. If this was snow, it would be the Antarctic and we'd be snowed in until around July 4th.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Redhead and Craig ....I always hated winter time in Holland, never was a fan of "snow, ice, hale, fog" so I enjoy my Christmas in the sun since we live here and in these 20 years we only had one Christmas in the rain. Merry Christmas to y'all and let us know what kind of weather you have.
Post 5 IP   flag post
cuddles private msg quote post Address this user
hi merry Christmas redhead66 i think it will be a nice day in Melbourne bert merry Christmas to you too i don't know how you people put up with it too cold for me i surprise you get used to it all the best
peter
Post 6 IP   flag post
Peter -

Merry Christmas to you, too!

I never get used to the cold. I have moved away twice and moved back twice. Despite it all this is home
Post 7 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Bert, we'll be thinking of you and your wife basking in the sun on Christmas Tuesday and Wednesday! Hope you have a lovely time!

Here in the South East of G.B. It’s cold at Christmas but we often have blinding sunlight and it’s dark by 4 pm in the afternoon! Today was the darkest day and it will stay that way depending on cloud cover, for approx a month, when we'll notice by mid Feb. we will have fading light from 5 pm to 5.20pm. Beginning of March, we'll be on our way and Spring is around the corner! Oh What a relief!

Wishing you all a Very Happy Christmas and a Very Happy New Year! xxxxx
Post 8 IP   flag post
hi redhead66 you cannot beat home but still, i don't think i could live there peter
Post 9 IP   flag post
Peter -

It's not a place for the faint of heart, that's for sure!
Post 10 IP   flag post
yes you are right i hope to be over there soon to look at the EB park hope they don't take to long to build it
peter
Post 11 IP   flag post
redhead66 how many days is it like that and what time is it over there it is knowe 10.27am
Post 12 IP   flag post
saturday
Post 13 IP   flag post
Peter -

Right now it is Friday at 5:41 PM.

In Minnesota you never know what the weather will be like. Some winters are warm enough that I only need a jean jacket, and some bury you under 4 feet of snow in two days and the temps are way below zero. Or yet still it may not get cold until Feb and stay cold until the end of June (this happened a few years back) or any variation.

I recall the first year I moved back to the US it was 90 degrees and I had the air conditioner on. In the middle of the night I awoke really cold. I went to turn the air off only to find it was snowing ..... in August. We went on to have a really mild winter that year.

So there is no really hard and fast answer to your question. It's a crap shoot in Minnesota when it comes to the weather!
Post 14 IP   flag post
sounds like Melbourne four season in 1 day i would like to see the place but too cold for me thanks
peter
Post 15 IP   flag post
It *could* be warm when you come ... you never know! I must say we get some of the most beautiful summers and autumns you'll see anywhere.

In Minnesota the weather is never a subject for small talk. It's either a topic of great elation, great exasperation or quite literally a matter of life and death But don't let THAT stop you from coming!!! Prince liked it enough to stay here long after he was rich enough to buy his own island (and did,) He still preferred to only visit his private island and live in Minnesota 11 months out of the year.
Post 16 IP   flag post
thanks, i will still come over how far from you is the EB park from you
peter
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quite a ways .... almost 887 miles away.
Post 18 IP   flag post
i take it you are going to see the park when it is done
peter
Post 19 IP   flag post
I don't know. I would like to go if we can get a group of forum members and hit Nashville. That would be some fun trip!
Post 20 IP   flag post
ok if you do not mind you can count me in sounds great to me
peter
Post 21 IP   flag post
Great!
Post 22 IP   flag post
is motel dear over to stay
peter
Post 23 IP   flag post
ok redhead66 thank for telling me about the place i am of to Werribee plaza to get some lunch thanks a lot
peter
Post 24 IP   flag post
Enjoy lunch!
Post 25 IP   flag post
KDF private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Redhead, your two sides of winter are bang on. I lived in Canada 🇨🇦 for many years and now living back in the UK but I think snow is great on Christmas cards, videos and that’s about it. Skiing is ok snowmobiling ok but my thoughts are you don’t have to brush sunshine off your car or clean the sunshine out of your drive
I enjoy your posts and are Related by All things Everly.
Keep up the good work
KDF
Post 26 IP   flag post
KDF -

Glad you enjoyed my take on winter here in the frozen tundra!
Post 27 IP   flag post
KDF private msg quote post Address this user
Yes indeed Redhead, you are surrounded by tundra. From my recollection N and S Dakota get it bad and always disliked having to fly in/out of Chicago in the winter because we were always delayed having to de-ice the plane so not best pleased, having said that I’m pleased they did it
Hope you have a lovely Christmas and a healthy 2019
KDF
Post 28 IP   flag post
The give you all an idea how a "white (cloudy) christmas" looks like on the island:
Post 29 IP   flag post
Now that's a White Christmas I can cosign on!
Post 30 IP   flag post
54757 42 30
destitute