The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

The Power of Three (BBC)7960

Judyc13 private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text

Just came across this interesting piece on BBC website. Several EB mentions, since they used the magic formula of harmonising in thirds. Also referred to as a 'ghost harmony'
Hope it opens for everyone.
Post 1 IP   flag post
DarrenGreenwood private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Judy. Interesting listening
Post 2 IP   flag post
BobbyBri private msg quote post Address this user
Wonderful surprise, Judy, it works fine here. Thank you!

I must admit it is unexpected and a little bit strange to hear the Everly Brothers in comparison to stars of classical music, but with the clarifications we have from the moderator it makes perfect sense!
Post 3 IP   flag post
cuddles private msg quote post Address this user
hi Judyc13 works well in Australia thanks
peter
Post 4 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Oh what a shame, they want you to sign in or register to access the posted link and I just don't like doing that as it's giving out email address, your name etc etc to who knows what or where?? Sounded like a really interesting subject too but there you go! Seems the intrusive info gathering is spreading and I just don't feel comfortable with it!! Such a luddite but it's a minefield on the internet! have had a lot of spoof emails recently pretending to be from legit websites and it just makes me ultra cagey about divulging personal details!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Judyc13 private msg quote post Address this user
@DeeDee I have never had any issues dealing with the BBC (!) over several decades - but we all have to do what we are comfortable doing. It's purely a simple email registration.
Not sure if I would have survived nearly as well if I couldn't hear the BBC in all my world travels!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Judy xx❤️❤️
Post 7 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
@DeeDee

Get a 2nd email address DeeDee which does not contain your name, I know of several who have done this.

Like Judy says the BBC should be good with things like this. I know it is a fairly new idea from them, but they did warn it was going to happen. I use BBC radio a lot so I chose to continue when they introduced the email and password. I don't leave my password with anyone to store on a site, I always decline.
Post 8 IP   flag post
BobbyBri private msg quote post Address this user
Hmmm...don't know what's going on. Usually I've been denied access to the BBC program. But this time by clicking the link everything is working perfectly. And I can tell you I've never given them an email address nor a password. They simply didn't ask for it.
So what about you guys in the UK?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
I clicked right in - no need to sign up for anything,
Post 10 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
@BobbyBri
@Redhead1966
I still have to sign in maybe outside the UK you don't have to!!! Very strange🤔
Post 11 IP   flag post
cuddles private msg quote post Address this user
hi i did not have to sign in
peter
Post 12 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
How strange, just tried it again and it wants me to sign in!! I know it's the BBC and probably trustworthy but who knows who else has access or hacks access to more or less everything these days so I try to play safe and just don't log into all these sites which are so keen to get your details on their systems!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Marion private msg quote post Address this user
Works for me as well, a pleasant surprise! Thank you Judy.
Post 14 IP   flag post
54757 14 14
destitute