The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

The Royal Albert Hall 9th October 19877950

Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
Attached some photos from the boys visit to the UK in 1987.

Post 1 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Albert looks great in his white shoes. Phil and Don having a laugh together on one photo. Love to see Phil turning to the band having fun. The one of Phil on his own has always been a favourite of mine. Good ones Kathy ❤️❤️
Post 2 IP   flag post
Judyc13 private msg quote post Address this user
Love these photos. The second one seems to show unusual hilarity. Even made Don stop playing!
My first thought was that they were much more casual, with open necks - but then I saw they still had the rose buttonholes, and those collars look starched.
A smart compromise, perhaps.
Very nice - thanks Kathy!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Sharon private msg quote post Address this user
With much thanks to KathyC and ChrisW, for their research in trying to date these pictures, part of the series I found on eBay recently, labelled as Albert Hall.The first batch was for the reunion concert, Kathy says these are from 1987.

Post 4 IP   flag post
Marion private msg quote post Address this user
Great photos. Love photos taken from the audience, feels a bit like I am there too. Interesting and fun photos.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I agree Marion. Sharon was so lucky to get these photos they must be so good to see holding them in Sharon's hands.
In the 'busy' photos with so much more in the photo with band members etc it is great to 'stretch' them out by phone and see every detail. Great photos Sharon💕
Post 6 IP   flag post
everlyann private msg quote post Address this user
cathyc -wonderfulphotos! thanks for sharing-hugs.
Post 7 IP   flag post
bert private msg quote post Address this user
SUPER photo's.Great memories and all taken after the Reunion Concert, 'cause the guitars have pickguards in these photo's.The guitars used at the Reunion Concert did not have pickguards. They were put on a later later.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@everlyann
The first 3 are from Kathy and the others are from Sharon. All fantastic photos ❤️
Post 9 IP   flag post
@bert
Bert from what I read Phil got Steinegger to put the super slim pickguards on around 18 months later is that about right?
Post 10 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Like Bert I noticed that the Steinegger guitars which were used sans pickguards, [numbers 1 and 2] at the Reunion Concert were obviously not the guitars in the photos here as these have the wonderful double pickguards again and you will also see that they had another couple of the Steinegger Ike Everly model with pickguards propped up as spares behind them here so the date of 1987 mooted above would seem about right as Robert Steinegger would have had time to make a few more of the guitars by then! At the Reunion Concert there was a single Gibson Everly guitar propped up behind as a spare just in case of broken stings no doubt! Sorry to be such an anorak about this but those little things are v helpful when trying to date random photos! Great photos of the boys and nice to see them and Albert all having so much fun!
Post 11 IP   flag post
bert private msg quote post Address this user
Chris: After the concert at Lake Tahoe on 24-11-1984 , Phil approached Steinegger to come up with double pick guards. He made them from very thin plastic material for better sound quality, instaed of thick tortoiseshell material Gibson used.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
Wonderful 'photos. Thank you Kathy and Sharon.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Lynn private msg quote post Address this user
Great pictures. Thanks for sharing!
Post 14 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Yes the pickguards are very thin sheets of white and black plastic on the Steinegger guitars I am lucky enough to have a Steinegger Everly and a Gibson too and the double pickguard on the Gibson model is very thick by comparison and must compromise the sound quality of the guitar as of course it dulls the reverberation of the top so much! Phil and Robert Steinegger came up with an improved design for the Ike Everly guitars Both types are of course iconic however and forever associated with Phil and Don!
Post 15 IP   flag post
54378 15 15
destitute