Everly Brothers Forum
oldrosie private msg quote post Address this user
eve
Post 1 IP   flag post
Judyc13 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice to see this again - thanks!
Post 2 IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Fate. Chet Atkins. "I think it's an eternal sound." -- Felice Boudleaux.
Post 3 IP   flag post
BobbyBri private msg quote post Address this user
Always a pleasure to see this again. Thank you Rosie

There is a point where their cousin Ted Everly is talking about the fact that everybody, including himself, had a suspicion against Don and Phil after their sudden fame that the success might have changed them. I'm very touched whenever I hear how Phil refused the accusation by saying that actually he didn't change but people did by looking at him in a different way being aware of his prominence. Could not have been easy for Phil (and Don).
Post 4 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, thank you Rosie A lovely documentary that one never tires of revisiting!! Phil and Don together...unbeatable!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Remind me again why Phil wasn't interviewed for this and instead they substituted Jason?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Judyc13 private msg quote post Address this user
Pretty sure I remember someone saying he was unavailable - I think out of the country (Canada?) at time of production.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Judyc13 -

Yes, but why? What was he doing? And why couldn't they have postponed shooting in order to interview him instead of using his son as a stand in? That always seemed really odd. If I were making a documentary about the Everly Brothers I would do whatever it took to make sure I interviewed both brothers, otherwise the whole project suffers.
Post 8 IP   flag post
54378 8 8
destitute