Everly Brothers Forum
oldrosie private msg quote post Address this user
eve
Post 1 IP   flag post
Judyc13 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice to see this again - thanks!
Post 2 IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Fate. Chet Atkins. "I think it's an eternal sound." -- Felice Boudleaux.
Post 3 IP   flag post
BobbyBri private msg quote post Address this user
Always a pleasure to see this again. Thank you Rosie

There is a point where their cousin Ted Everly is talking about the fact that everybody, including himself, had a suspicion against Don and Phil after their sudden fame that the success might have changed them. I'm very touched whenever I hear how Phil refused the accusation by saying that actually he didn't change but people did by looking at him in a different way being aware of his prominence. Could not have been easy for Phil (and Don).
Post 4 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, thank you Rosie A lovely documentary that one never tires of revisiting!! Phil and Don together...unbeatable!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Remind me again why Phil wasn't interviewed for this and instead they substituted Jason?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Judyc13 private msg quote post Address this user
Pretty sure I remember someone saying he was unavailable - I think out of the country (Canada?) at time of production.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Judyc13 -

Yes, but why? What was he doing? And why couldn't they have postponed shooting in order to interview him instead of using his son as a stand in? That always seemed really odd. If I were making a documentary about the Everly Brothers I would do whatever it took to make sure I interviewed both brothers, otherwise the whole project suffers.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
That's great Rosie, thank you.
Post 9 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
I so agree with you Redhead! Usually Phil adds very good and pertinent comments to any of the documentaries about the brothers so it's strange that they couldn't have waited for his input on this one! Also I also agree with Phil's comment that people's reactions once someone becomes famous changes! Many times it is so cringeworthy to see how people are stars truck to the point of imbecility when they happen upon someone "famous"! They are still just normal people like anyone else but who have achieved and done well in life through effort and talent but most would appreciate being treated as regular people instead of some sort of icon I am sure! Fawning fans must become so tedious if not downright annoying when most stars would like to chat and etc in a normal fashion with them!
Post 10 IP   flag post
55068 10 10
destitute