The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Phil and Cliff, I'll mend your broken heart7942

Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user

Obviously this video is not of Phil and Cliff performing this particular song, but the film shows them having such a good time together...I don't know of any film that's available of them doing this song, or their number 9 hit of the A side She Means Nothing To Me. If anyone does know of any such , please share here!
Post 1 IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Two great, great, talents & legends. Good sounds!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Ever1yfan private msg quote post Address this user
A beautiful song, their voices blend so well, , ,,
Post 3 IP   flag post
Phil high, Cliff low.....it works well.
Post 4 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
This is a video of Cliff with Keith Murrell singing "She Means Nothing to me" you can try to visualise Phil in Keith's place. Cliff does mention that he and Phil never did get to sing the song live. It is a good clip even though no Phil

Post 5 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
The clip you have posted Liz is a great video of Phil and Cliff thoroughly enjoying themselves.

Terry mentioned on another thread a couple of weeks ago that they were good friends, they had a lot of respect for each other.

There are several videos where they speak about each other and of course the one of Cliff when he speaks of Phil after he has passed away.

I love to watch Phil performing he is really enjoying himself, laughing all the time Liz.
Post 6 IP   flag post
There is a clip where Phil has no jacket on and he's standing to the right rather than the left, and they're thoroughly enjoying themselves.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
Chris thanks for posting the She's Means Nothing To Me video it was fun to watch and imagine Phil doing it. Remember years ago Cliff saying it was great that the song made the top ten at a time when every song had a video with it and that if he and Phil had made a video it would have gone to the top of the charts. Oh so wish they had, but then maybe it would have been harder for Don and Phil to get back together if it had, like Duane Eddy said on a recent clip.
Post 8 IP   flag post
LizzieB private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you .
Has to be one of my top favourites. Love this song so much.
Thank you.
I play it over & over.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user

For Ever1yfan, this is the clip you mentioned...sorry that its an EBI one though.
I like to think that Cliff and Phil will meet again , up above, and make more great music together again.❤
Post 10 IP   flag post
LONG LIVE ROCK 'N' ROLL!! Cliff and Phil are rockers, indeed! Wild Little Richard, Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee lewis, and all the others-type Rock. Keep on rockin', 'cause ya only rock once"....down here. Everyone gets to Heaven, well then, as the old show-biz adage goes, "Step right on up and get your ticket,'cause ya ain't seen nothin' yet!"
Post 11 IP   flag post
Oh Liz, thanks so much. Have you any idea when this was please?
Post 12 IP   flag post
BobbyBri private msg quote post Address this user
@Ever1yfan In 1981 Phil visits Cliff to perform a couple of songs at one of his concerts leading to several more fruitful collaborations in the future (and even spawning a top ten hit in the UK with 'She Means Nothing To Me')
(Liner notes to the video)
Post 13 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Superb! Happy times!! Cliff always respected the great, great talent of Phil and Don! Lovely to see him and Phil enjoying themselves!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Lovely, thanks,
Post 15 IP   flag post
54378 15 15
destitute