The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Royal Albert Hall reunion7941

Sharon private msg quote post Address this user
Because I just can't help myself, I bought a large lot of photos of the Reunion concerts...( eBay temptation!)So I am sorting thru them when I have spare time, and will post as I do.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
In that time period I had a *slightly* longer version of Don's permed hair. Ah, the 1980's, full of big hair and bad day glo make-up! How I miss it all!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
I wish I could run my fingers thru their hair!
Post 3 IP   flag post
You and me both, sister!
Post 4 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
These are great Sharon, such a fantastic collection to own.

I love them all, I like the 3rd from the top and 3rd from the bottom because of different interesting points in the photos. The shadows and just whose was that spare guitar we see. Phil or Don's, there will be 2 spares of course it's just the temptation of whose is that one!!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Phils' hair is SO shiny!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
You could fix your lipstick in the shine Sharon and then quickly plant a kiss on his cheek before he moves around the stage!!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
colorado3 private msg quote post Address this user
The two most gorgeous men on the planet, perfect in every way the best singers in the world and l listen to them day and night . l love and adore them but Phil is my favourite, he has such a beautiful gentle loving voice and l see sadness in his eyes . l just want to hold him and kiss him and give him all my love for ever .l will see him with the angels and l can listen to him all the time and hold him and love him for always .Devoted to them for ever .Your in my heart for ever Phil l,ll always love you . Paula xxx
Post 8 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
Red - Don's hair was not permed it was naturally very curly. When he washed it it went very curly, remember him joking to me back in the 60's that when he washed it he had to hide in a cupboard for a day because he looked like a gollywog, but we are not allowed to say that now.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Chris - the guitar in 3rd up is Phil's look at 5th up and you will see Don's and on 7th up you can see both.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I permed my hair back then and it looked like his but longer. At one point in time I dyed it black, too.

I know he had naturally curly hair but it looks so much curlier in the 80s than any other time in his life I think he may have permed it and just not admitted to it at the time. It calmed down again toward the end of the 80s. If not, no big deal but mine still looked a lot like his here. Not flattering on me at all but you couldn't convince me of that at the time 😀
Post 11 IP   flag post
I had a perm too at one time, in fact I had it at the actual Reunion Concert, but got my hair back to a bob for the following year. Remember Don saying that his hair was curly before he had his head shaved in the marines and that after that it was even curler. Did contemplate having my head shaved to see if I could get curly hair too, mad teenage thought for fortunately only a few minutes.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Marty private msg quote post Address this user
@Kathyc
Slightly off topic (as usual) Did you see Phil at all in the period of time between their break up and the reunion? I think (could be wrong)that you mentioned seeing Don solo several times when he toured during those years and so was wondering if you also were able to see Phil, as I believe he traveled to England solo as well.
What a blessing for both fans and the boys that reunion was 🤗
Post 13 IP   flag post
Marion private msg quote post Address this user
A great purchase, thank you for sharing your photos Sharon. Do not recall seeing any of these photos before, new to me for sure.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Marty no I didn't see Phil when he was in London he lived here for a while (which I only found out later) I kinda got on with my life like he did his. When I saw him at The Royal Albert Hall it was the first time in 11 years it was great to see him again we were both surprised that we had son's born within a month of each other.
Post 15 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Lovely photos! We just watched my DVD of the Reunion concert this evening as we got a new bigger TV today! It was just like being at the concert!! Fabulous! It is better every time!! That third guitar in the background was one of their Gibson 185's from before the break up, as from the Reunion onwards they exclusively played the fabulous Ike Everly model guitars that Phil and Robert Steinegger designed Robert made 56 of these guitars over the years from '82 to 2001 and I am lucky enough to own one! It is my pride and joy and a beautiful guitar The sides and back are very dark grey stained maple with terrific grain detail and only the top is pitch black The first 2 which Phil and Don play at the concert did not have the distinctive double pickguards like their earlier Gibsons but from number 3 onwards the double pickguards are there again! Sorry to be such an anorak but I love my Everly guitar!
Post 16 IP   flag post
@Kathyc
What a shame that you and Phil lost touch in those “break” years”. But life is like that sometimes, it gets busy and you lose track. In the best of cases, you find one another again, as you and Phil did. So, a very happy reunion in more ways than one! I did think that since you had kept up with Don, you had done so with Phil but what matters is that you were able to reconnect once again. And to find your sons we’re almost the same age! What a coincidence!
Have been rewatching the Reunion concert of late and imagining how amazing it would have been to be in the audience. So much more so for you, to see your old friends up on stage as well!🤗
Post 17 IP   flag post
DeeDee and Marty, yes it's wonderful to watch the Reunion Concert again and again and I do. But it's edited not anyway near as long as the actual concert and a lot of the songs are in a different order. Wish someone at the BBC would publish the whole concert it really was magic. I'm lucky I went both nights. The first night I think my son was probably the only child in the audience, but the second night there were several other children too.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@Kathyc
It would be wonderful to be able to see the whole concert as it unfolded that evening, with songs in proper order and nothing left out. I know we are lucky to have as much footage of the EBs as we do on the internet and available on dvd but one can’t help being greedy for more. How fortunate you were in so many ways to be at so very many of their shows and also, backstage.

Going off topic once again, can you speak about your impressions of Don’s solo performances since you were lucky enough to see him and part of the Everly Brothers and then solo.
Such a shame you couldn’t have done so with Phil as well, I’m sure you regret that too.
Post 19 IP   flag post
some more from the concert

Post 20 IP   flag post
7bexbex7 private msg quote post Address this user
The third Everly guitar in the Reunion pics is mine.

Cheers Terry Slater
Post 21 IP   flag post
@7bexbex7
So pleased you are joining in with comments Terry.
We would never have known that.
These photos that Sharon managed to purchase are some fantastic ones most of which we have not seen.
Post 22 IP   flag post
54378 22 22
destitute