The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Sir Peter Blake Mural masterpiece7936

Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
The Peter Blake painting I'm talking about does not seem to be reproduced at all anywhere on line. It was an oil painting he did of them in 1980's, Phil on the left in profile (ie the right side of his face staring ahead across Don and Don was looking straight ahead full face, but his face was rather too fat, unkindly so. Which is why he refused it I would guess.

Couldn't find the quiz?

Peter was friendly with Don and would invite him to dinner a lot when he was in London, he gave Don quiet a few paintings, as you may well know Don use to paint a lot, just like his Dad did. Also Don was godfather to Peter's daughter Rosie.
Post 26 IP   flag post
BobbyBri private msg quote post Address this user
@Judyc13 I remembered the picture because of the green cardigans that – in my view – are rather hideous. However, the boys look very handsome as always. Beauty can't be blemished, right?

@Kathyc Many thanks for the further information on Peter Blake and his connection to the Everly Brothers, especially to Don. Really interesting and much appreciated.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you mike. I’ve never seen that and I’ve been there a few times I was lucky the faces of Don & Phil jumped out at me I scored 8/10 on the quiz it was good funxx❤️❤️
Post 28 IP   flag post
cuddles private msg quote post Address this user
very good well-done joyb
peter
Post 29 IP   flag post
Judyc13 private msg quote post Address this user
@Kathyc No, had never heard that Don painted. Do we know what, what media, and are any saved for posterity?
Post 30 IP   flag post

7bexbex7 private msg quote post Address this user
Donald mainly painted ‘chickens’

Terry Slater
Post 31 IP   flag post
Ever1yfan private msg quote post Address this user
and the odd horse 😃
Post 32 IP   flag post
Ever1yfan private msg quote post Address this user
Margaret has them in her house on a wall
Post 33 IP   flag post
Judyc13 private msg quote post Address this user
@7bexbex7 Really? Wonder what prompted that. I did wonder about the chicken painting visible behind Margaret. What fun!
Post 34 IP   flag post
54378 34 9
destitute