The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
cuddles private msg quote post Address this user
all the best bert and your wife get well soon
peter
Post 51 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
May these terrible fires be extinguished soon So tragic that there has also been loss of life Phil was so right that you can replace other things, homes and possessions, but lives are the only important thing at the end of the day! It must be devastating however to lose all that you have collected and lived with for years! A terrifying experience for everyone caught up in it especially in the devastated city of Paradise!! I do hope that your operations are a great success Bert and your wife's condition improves soon too! All best wishes with your health issues and to all the Californians who are having such a terrible time with the fires raging Let's hope for better days for everyone very soon
Post 52 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
I have just heard that Albert (Lee)& family got out of Calabasas when the fires got close; three cars stuffed with family and guitars. They have found a hotel to stay because, although their home is OK, there is too much smoke presently to stay there.
Post 53 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
@MeFloody
Thanks for keeping us up to date about Albert. Rain is said to be coming soon to the area affected by fires.
Post 54 IP   flag post
bert private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you all for your support ! It's great having real friends..
Post 55 IP   flag post

I have just had contact with my son in San Francisco and like I was saying a couple of days ago he is around 200 miles away from the fires, this is what he had to say:

"We've closed our San Francisco office today because the air quality is now classified as 'very unhealthy' (just one step down from 'hazardous'). The poor antique HVAC system can't cope and just draws in clouds of toxic air.

That said, this is a minor inconvenience compared to the terrible circumstances at the source of the smoke. Our thoughts are with all those affected".

He sent me a couple of photos, one I can share with you here.

Northern California air quality is currently the worst in the world.

They need our prayers and please let the rain come soon.

Post 56 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
Gosh Chris hope the rain comes soon. Our prayers.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Just unbelievable Chris. As Kathy says, we just pray the rains come! Pouring down good and hard too! Thankful to know your family are managing! Our prayers for everyone out there! Albert Lee and his family had to make a quick get away! Do hope they are O.K in the hotel they are staying in!

People have left their dogs, cats, birds and horses! My pets would be with us if it meant I tied myself to the roof of the car with a mask over my face and tarpaulin over the rest of me!

Oh! Lord, Please take care of everyone! So many missing, I pray they are alive and living elsewhere! XXXXX
Post 58 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
It's being reported that the size of the land being destroyed so far is the square footage if the city if Atlanta. With the strong winds not dying down it will keep getting bigger.
Post 59 IP   flag post
We had reports on the UK news that 60% of the fires are not under control that is a lot and is frightening.

When we were with our son for a holiday October 2017, California was also being ravaged with fires. This is one of the worst parts of it, we were watching the news maybe 3 times a day and all the people connected are in the news room for the news to be shared. The sheriff would come on and say what he was doing, then the police department, the fire department would state each area and how it was either under control or not at all, they were always talking about percentages, health workers would be talking, then hospital administration, it was endless so that everyone watching could get an understanding what they were facing, it was an enormous task they looked worn out each day and were quite emotional at times. Those fires and they were in 5 or 6 different areas so not easy to control were said at the time to be the worst they had ever come across, now unbelievably these new fires have surpassed that statement, bigger areas, more missing, it is so awful it is hard to comprehend.
A story from last time:
3 cars were travelling down the hill in thick smoke, last chance to get away, the last car managed to break at the last moment a tree just fell in front of the car and they could not pass or even try to move it. Husband and wife turned around and went back to their home, they jumped into their swimming pool and kept trying to not breathe the thick smoke as their home was burning, the husband was hugging his wife and by the time the other 2 cars had got to safety and told police etc about the other car not following, after the fire had subsided they went to the house and found just the husband clinging on to life in the pool, his wife had succumbed to the smoke and died in his arms.

There must be endless stories being told like this, heart breaking to hear them.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Chris. What dreadful times. Terrifying xx❤️❤️
Post 61 IP   flag post
oldrosie private msg quote post Address this user
it is a sad time in calif they say it is the biggest and worse far in history

it really scares me just thinking about it sometimes I feel it is the start of ending for the world. Please pray for California and pray they can stop it soon. almost 70 lives are gone
Post 62 IP   flag post
MarieLuluSibenik private msg quote post Address this user
Terrible/ We have friends in San Francisco. Praying for all affected, and rain.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldrosie
it is a sad time in calif they say it is the biggest and worse far in history

it really scares me just thinking about it sometimes I feel it is the start of ending for the world. Please pray for California and pray they can stop it soon. almost 70 lives are gone

Yes it’s terrifying Rosie! It’s a long time since I read it but I remember something about the fires we would have towards the last days of this earth!

Maybe we need a gospel catch up! The Everly's cousin could have been useful to us!

I'm so glad you are far away from danger Rosie! XXXXX
Post 64 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead1966
It's being reported that the size of the land being destroyed so far is the square footage if the city if Atlanta. With the strong winds not dying down it will keep getting bigger.

I imagine so many people are escaping to friends and relatives, doubling up in many houses for safety, the hotels must be pretty sold out soon! Even brick built houses will have their windows broken our with the heat and once the flames are inside, the furnishings will be consumed, not to mention the wooden beems and roof rafters etc!

Hope the smoke is not blowing your way, it’s amazing how far smoke can carry itself!

Can’t pray enough for everyone and their abandoned animals! xxxxx
Post 65 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW
We had reports on the UK news that 60% of the fires are not under control that is a lot and is frightening.

When we were with our son for a holiday October 2017, California was also being ravaged with fires. This is one of the worst parts of it, we were watching the news maybe 3 times a day and all the people connected are in the news room for the news to be shared. The sheriff would come on and say what he was doing, then the police department, the fire department would state each area and how it was either under control or not at all, they were always talking about percentages, health workers would be talking, then hospital administration, it was endless so that everyone watching could get an understanding what they were facing, it was an enormous task they looked worn out each day and were quite emotional at times. Those fires and they were in 5 or 6 different areas so not easy to control were said at the time to be the worst they had ever come across, now unbelievably these new fires have surpassed that statement, bigger areas, more missing, it is so awful it is hard to comprehend.
A story from last time:
3 cars were travelling down the hill in thick smoke, last chance to get away, the last car managed to break at the last moment a tree just fell in front of the car and they could not pass or even try to move it. Husband and wife turned around and went back to their home, they jumped into their swimming pool and kept trying to not breathe the thick smoke as their home was burning, the husband was hugging his wife and by the time the other 2 cars had got to safety and told police etc about the other car not following, after the fire had subsided they went to the house and found just the husband clinging on to life in the pool, his wife had succumbed to the smoke and died in his arms.

There must be endless stories being told like this, heart breaking to hear them.

Dreadful stories Chris! Hell on earth! Thank God your family are surviving! So many prayers are needed. Homes need literally tones and tones of sand around their houses! I remember someone growing masses of plants all around his house! Cant remember the name of the plants but they must have been a succulent full of moisture!
They saved his house and family! However, the fire would likely not be as ferocious as is this one!

Thinking of you and your relatives and friend! God preserve us through these terrifying times! xxxxx
Post 66 IP   flag post
Lord, May the rains come quickly, A deluge of rain for several days to put out all these fires! Amen
Post 67 IP   flag post
Marion private msg quote post Address this user
Praying for all affected. What has happened is horrific.
I agree with you Rosie, I think to myself at times we are living at the start of the ending of this world.
Post 68 IP   flag post
54378 68 18
destitute