The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Please say a prayer for Everly fan and former Forum member, Velma Millar, who's life has been turn up side down. She and the others in her hospital were evacuated last night when wildfire destroyed her hospital and town of Paradise, CA ❤️
Post 1 IP   flag post
Ever1yfan private msg quote post Address this user
Oh dear, prayers and sending love
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
How Awful! Do hope she's alright! Yes prayers for her! God Bless! xxxxx
Post 3 IP   flag post
cuddles private msg quote post Address this user
all the best to all of you
peter
Post 4 IP   flag post
salfitz private msg quote post Address this user
Last year it was very close to my sister and her family in Sonoma and Petaluma.. I am so sad that those fires just keep coming.. and so sad for this lady and her family.. thanks for letting us know and send our thoughts and prayers to her and her community.
Post 5 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
These fires just keep coming it is so hard on the communities they have to leave with a few hours notice and when they are allowed back quite often a whole neighbourhood is gone, so shocking for them all. We were in California when the worst fires ever were taking place in October 2017. Watching the news constantly and our son in law knew friends who lost their homes. I heard this morning that they are getting it under control. My thoughts and prayers are with anyone affected.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Marion private msg quote post Address this user
I am so very sorry for all affected by the fire in California. We grew up in western Canada where fires are also all too common and always tragic. My thoughts and prayers are with all affected.
Post 7 IP   flag post
oldrosie private msg quote post Address this user
Thoughts and prayers are going out to Velma andall the others

Yes, mefloody , velma was a member and we shared lot of interesting comments . Have often wondered about how she is.
Post 8 IP   flag post
BobbyBri private msg quote post Address this user
My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by this terrible disaster.
What a harrowing experience!
Post 9 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
How terrible All best wishes for the lady in hospital from this side of the pond where thankfully wild fires are very rare occurrences It must be terrifying and I do hope the worst is over and not too many homes have been lost or people injured?
Post 10 IP   flag post
MarieLuluSibenik private msg quote post Address this user
I will pray.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Just heard that the area where Albert lives has also been evacuated
Post 12 IP   flag post
Terrible these type of fires! The wind picks up a heap of burning matter and it sails away to another unsuspecting area. Before the poor folk know it, fires are spread over hundreds of acres in many huge areas!

So very tragic people have been killed and many missing! May The Lord hear our prayers and preserve those missing and keep safe all inhabitants! XXXXX
Post 13 IP   flag post
Did Phil have a beach house in Malibu? Geography not my strong point!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Mike it is all so shocking. Yesterday they announced it was coming under control. They were too eager to say that in October 2017 because today it is travelling so fast, Paradise is said to have been destroyed and it is now going towards Malibu. Everyone concerned needs our prayers more than ever.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Phil had an imitation Jacobean house which was destroy in such a fire.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@MeFloody
Goodness I didn't know that Mike. How shocking it must have been for Phil. Thank goodness he was OK.
Post 17 IP   flag post
In the article I read years back, the questioner asked Phil about his lovely 'Black and White' home in the valley and Phil just said 'oh, that went in the fire' and he seemed just to accept it. Which I guess you can do when you are rich.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Yes I do think it helps having money when something like that happens. But Phil had a philosophy of not looking back always looking forward because he used to say you can't change the past. A very good attitude to have, we have friends and the husband always thinks like that.
Post 19 IP   flag post
KDF private msg quote post Address this user
He had a house in North Hollywood, I think it was on Camerillo Drive, was that the house that went up in flames?
Post 20 IP   flag post
I thought Phil lost a house due to the Hollywood earth quake?
Post 21 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
I thought he lost it due to him and Jackie getting divorced. Remember in 1984 him saying he had driven pass it and it was up for sale at $4M and he said to think I once owned that now I can't afford to buy it. I'm talking his mock tudor house.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Sounds like Phil's devorce was earth quake enough Kathy! xxx
Post 23 IP   flag post
Kathy, the article most definitely said it was destroyed by fire. May be Phil put a match to it after he saw the sale price
Post 24 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
The news is shocking and frightening we just hope that people are kept safe it must be heartbreaking to lose your home I suppose Phils philosophy would be it’s only bricks and mortar and can be replaced people can’t
However to lose your only home is devastating let’s hope they are soon put out xx❤️❤️
Post 25 IP   flag post
The trouble with such dreadful fires as these are. The majority of the houses seem to be built of timber! With their hot weather, and the wind. The houses must go up like tinderboxes!
Post 26 IP   flag post
7bexbex7 private msg quote post Address this user
Phil NEVER EVER lost a home period!!!

Donald lost one though !!!

Cheers Terry Slater
Post 27 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
How did Don lose a home? To natural disaster?
Post 28 IP   flag post
I appreciate your help getting the facts straight Terry. Thanks 👍
Post 29 IP   flag post
7bexbex7 private msg quote post Address this user
Check out THE LAKE MALONE INN ——Kentucky.

Cheers Terry
Post 30 IP   flag post
54378 68 30
destitute