The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Duane Eddy at the Palladium & Bridgewater Hall 20187928

ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Two concerts here the Palladium which Terry Slater went to see 23rd October and Bridgewater Hall in Manchester 30th October 2018 which is the concert I went to see with my husband.

I will come back later and tell everyone more details.

The Manchester concert is only a short version of what was a fabulous concert of over 1 hour 30 mins, maybe if a better version comes out of this one I can post it again at that time.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Albert private msg quote post Address this user
The King of Twang! I hear this is his farewell tour of the UK. England sure loves Duane Eddy. Thanks for posting.
Post 2 IP   flag post
When Richard Hawley said you may not see Duane again in the UK Duane came back with the remark 'oh I don't know I may get here again'. Richard and his band backed Duane for the Manchester concert which is the one I went to.
Duane is a gentle gentleman he has such dry wit, he is very funny with his quick one liners. I can see how he and Phil got on so well. It was an awesome night.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for posting this Chris...nice to see Bruce Welch joining Duane! And of course, dear Albert too.
Post 4 IP   flag post
There is an excellent article in the Daily Express today about Bruce and him appearing with Duane, Cliff and other friends ie Olivia Newton John I will post it a little later.
Post 5 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
How wonderful to see Duane Eddy still wowing the audiences and I do hope he will come back to the UK again How wonderful also to see two icons in one night when Albert Lee appeared with him!! If only Phil and Don could have come striding onto the stage and joined in!! That would have been a perfect night!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Sharon private msg quote post Address this user
Wonderful Chris! How lucky we are to still have these guys around and performing.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Sharon private msg quote post Address this user

Post 8 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Isn't it great that Duane Eddy is still touring I just watched the video of the Manchester concert! Great stuff!! I was reading a book of articles from NME and it mentions a tour in 1960 which was a sellout!! Looks like you love to keep coming back Duane!! We love you!! You certainly still have the licks and are now over 80 so that is great! 80 is the new 40 it seems Keep on rocking!!
Post 9 IP   flag post
The sound inside Bridgewater Hall was superb, better than the video clip. The Hall was originally built for classical music so maybe that is why it sounded so good. All the musicians were amazing. I have a few photos but they are not playing ball at the moment!!! I will post them as soon as I can.
Post 10 IP   flag post
54168 10 10
destitute