The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Sing Me Back Home , Live7927

Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user

My Google alerts came up with this little gem today...Don's voice is superb
Post 1 IP   flag post
Judyc13 private msg quote post Address this user
I got that one, too, Liz. Absolutely beautiful.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Ever1yfan private msg quote post Address this user
Not heard that version b4, soo plaintiff
Post 3 IP   flag post
Marion private msg quote post Address this user
When the Everly’s covered a song the writers must have been so pleased with the results. The Everly’s covered a song in their own way and it was always wonderful if not amazing. Love this song.
Post 4 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
I think that when Phil joins Don in the duet, it takes them both to some higher vocal plain. Beautiful, simple beautiful ❤️
Post 5 IP   flag post
Ever1yfan private msg quote post Address this user
Especially when Phil starts to soar 😍😍😍
Post 6 IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
Oops! This has already been posted onto the video gallery by Chris W ...
Post 7 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
It's OK Liz I did recognise the video from before but when we get anything live it is always good to her it again.
Post 8 IP   flag post
colorado3 private msg quote post Address this user
The most exquisite, awesome,beautiful gorgeous voices and sound in the world by the two gorgeous, handsome kind carering gentle loving guys in the world ,always bring a tear to my eye,s especially when Phils beautiful,perfect pitch gentle full of love in his voice. l love them both with all my heart and always will. They will go on for ever, l listen to them day and night l cannot get through the day without them Phil is my darling beautiful. gorgeous handsome loving gentle man , he is in my prayers evrey night and l kiss his picture beside my bed and tell him l love him now always and for ever and l will see him with the angels and hold him and give him all my love . Devoted to you Both Paula xxx
Post 9 IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
This is such a beautiful song written by Merle Haggard but as Mike says they take it to another level, sublime!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
Agree with above comments - plaintiff, beautiful and sublime! Their live performances always varied in a good way. Don was such a fantastic singer and Phil's beautiful pure harmony - blissful. The best solo singer and the best harmonisers ever. Back then in the early 1970's you would just wait with anticipation with each song they sang - can I add magic! Thank you for posting.
Post 11 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
GORGEOUS, just GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Judyc13 private msg quote post Address this user
There was a time when I thought they slowed down some songs too much. Things like this have educated me. When they were in good voice like this, it's just perfect.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
Just heart stopping. Thank you Liz.
Post 14 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judyc13
There was a time when I thought they slowed down some songs too much. Things like this have educated me. When they were in good voice like this, it's just perfect.

Judy, I sometimes thought they speeded some song up to much, especially in the early/mid sixties. However by the time I got to see them in the late 60s/early 70s at the RAH and the like, they had started to slow the tempo down a little.
Post 15 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Just came back to listen to this haunting gorgeous song again!! Sigh...just perfect!!!
Post 16 IP   flag post
54168 16 16
destitute