The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Chet Atkins - A Life in Music. Documentary. (Don talks)7922

Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
Hopefully Link Works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEswohCU6Ts Very interesting Documentary about Chet, 44 minutes long. At 12.33 in, Mark Knopfler talks about Everly Brothers, they are shown singing Bye Bye Love and at 13.08, Don is shown for a few minutes talking about Chet and also later on in the programme. Lots of music stars talk/praise Chet i.e June Carter Cash, Dolly Parton, Vince Gill, Willie Nelson and others.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Judyc13 private msg quote post Address this user
What a super documentary.
A really great tribute to a great and unique guitarist and mentor.
I love the Chet versions of Waltzing Matilda and Starry, Starry Night!
Post 2 IP   flag post
I am glad you liked the documentary Judy and watched it in its entirety. It is great.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you so much for such a fab video on Chet. I am proud and so very lucky to have met him twice in London in May 1965 with Don and Phil. Chet truly loved both of them and it came over to me in their meetings just how much he cared for them both.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathyc
Thank you so much for such a fab video on Chet. I am proud and so very lucky to have met him twice in London in May 1965 with Don and Phil. Chet truly loved both of them and it came over to me in their meetings just how much he cared for them both.

Funny thing, I was going to ask you Cathy, if you had ever met Chet Atkins and if he was as nice in real life as he appears to be when seen on screen. The Everly Brothers have always thanked him for his help in launching their careers and he always appeared fond of them. Chet is an admirable man indeed and I envy you that you met him.
I was reading Chet’s wife’s obituary and Don and Phil Everly were listed as “Honorary Pallbearers” I suppose that meant they attended her funeral. Nice thing to do.
Post 5 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Wow Roxy! What a great link! Thoroughly enjoyed the whole documentary on Chet Atkins As well as being such a superb guitarist he was a superb human being too and it was lovely to hear Don Everly, Mark Knopfler, Dolly Parton, Tommy Emmanual, George Benson and so many others singing his praises. After such a poor beginning great to see the photos of him with Presidents Bush and Reagan too! A nice little section on the early Everly connection also. No wonder both the Everlys treated him like an honorary Uncle! He was so modest yet has such a profound influence on music which carries on to this day! He is rightly honoured!
Post 6 IP   flag post
54171 6 6
destitute