The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Let's Put Our Hearts Together - Don Everly and Rachel Peer7914

TriciaLW private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVIC5DLHvkY
Post 1 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
This is a fabulous single from Don. Another one that vanished almost without trace even though it did get some air_play in the UK. I do think John Prime's wife Rachel should also have been given credit on the record label.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Ever1yfan private msg quote post Address this user
A lovely song
Post 3 IP   flag post
bert private msg quote post Address this user

A beautiful song , but no airplay at all in Holland ! What happened to Rachel after she divorced John Prine ? I can't find any info . I spoke to her when she was playing bass in the Dead Cowboys. Don allowed me to be on stage to take the pictures..Rachel is in the back
Post 4 IP   flag post
Hi Bert. I heard Rachel was running a fish & chip shop in Dublin; but I could swear to it
Post 5 IP   flag post
Judyc13 private msg quote post Address this user
Such great vocals from both - super.
Does anybody know how they came up with the name 'Dead Cowboys'...?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks Mike, wish it was all closer to where I live know. I'll have a "google-look" and see if I can find some info.
Post 7 IP   flag post
BobbyBri private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judyc13
Does anybody know how they came up with the name 'Dead Cowboys'...?

One point from Everlypedia: The name Dead Cowboys is possibly inspired by Hank Williams’ band the Drifting Cowboys
Post 8 IP   flag post
@BobbyBri Thanks for that, but wonder why this one had such a gloomy name. Lots of difference between drifting and dead!
Post 9 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Agreed! Don't like the name at all! Very depressing title especially as none of them were in the first flush of youth! Tempting providence methinks!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Mike and Sharon,

Yes there photo's used that I took in this clip, but no it's not the ones with the big banner on stage.
Bert
Post 11 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
I liked the name dead cowboys - come on we had sundance kid etc and a member of their band in the 60's had been the youngest of the Doulton Bros, so seemed right. Can't see what your problem is or why you have the cheek to say they are not in the first flush of youth - tell me are you???
Post 12 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
Just dug my 45 copy out of this, it's on Polydor POSP 315, no mention of lady singer though - flip side So Sad. I know I have another single of Don singing with a lady that could/should have been a hit will find it later. If you saw how many Ev records I have you might be horrified. When I pop my clogs they must go to Ev museums
Post 13 IP   flag post
I know he sang with Emmylou Harris, KathyC, though not sure if any issued as a single.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Kathy, this museum are you thinking of?
Post 15 IP   flag post
54165 15 15
destitute