The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
Here is a photo of Marshall, Don, Joey, and Phil, that I found in an old scrapbook I have.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Kathyc -

I love your photos! This one was obviously staged, so where did it appear?
Post 2 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Kathy, may I share this picture with Joey?
Post 3 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Fabulous photo Kathy ❤️
Post 4 IP   flag post
Marty private msg quote post Address this user
Great photo Kathy! You’re an EB Treasure!
Post 5 IP   flag post
MeFloody yes please do and give him my love. The pic is from 16 magazine. Red this is the post I said I had a problem with I remembered after all. I'm trying to send part 2 as the two pics would not load. But I've been told I can only send one thread every twenty minutes.

So I will attempt it now. This was a compitition in 16 to find the Ev's. You had to circle the pic and send it in to win an album I didn't I kept mine!

Can you find them. A clue Phil, Don and Marshall are in the same row but not standing together. Joey is in the row in front of them.

Post 6 IP   flag post
I once wrote all this down Kathy I will have to find out my info now. Last time I had to use a magnifying glass!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
So Kathyc ... are you going to give one of us an album if we circle them and send it back to you?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Red sorry no - I don't part with my Everly records for all the tea in China! Besides you have to get Marshall and Joey too. I have the advantage that my copy is large. Full page.

Post 9 IP   flag post
Sigh .... it was worth a shot. Can't blame a gal for trying.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Marion private msg quote post Address this user
The first photo is fabulous, do not remember seeing that photo anywhere. I did try to spot the Everly’s in the other photo a few times but always gave up.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Judyc13 private msg quote post Address this user
Tried this before. Kept thinking I got one, then thought no.I hope you can either send each of us a nice sharp print, or give the answer somewhere along the line!
Love the first photo, too.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Kathy. Fantastic pictures. Never seen them before. I thought Phil might be 3rd row down 3rd from left but then I couldn’t find Don !! Ha ha. I still have my scrap book with many yellowed cuttings xx❤️❤️
Post 13 IP   flag post
I need to look at my notes later. I have found Phil and Joey but until I have the full set I will wait to say where they are!!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
I was looking on my iPhone !! So it was very big. My excuse anywayxx❤️❤️
Post 15 IP   flag post
I'll leave it until tomorrow to let you know where they are, but very happy to receive your guesses. Yes Joy my cuttings have gone yellow, I guess back then we did not know how sellotape would age things.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I go cross eyed even trying. All those guys start to look alike. But I will say both Don and Phil look super cute in the top photo. Even marine haircuts couldn’t dim those handsome faces.
Post 17 IP   flag post
This photo which Kathy posted, I kept looking at it all day and then a little while ago I realised I know why. Look at Phil in both photos, he looks as if he hasn't changed at all.

Post 18 IP   flag post
I adore that baby photo of him, and it does look like time stood still!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Enjoyed the partial article too. Hadn't heard that they only had one good suit between them, so only one could go out at a time! That must have been frustrating on occasion.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Phil looks EXACTLY the same! He just traded uniforms.
Post 21 IP   flag post
And how patriotic little Phil was to join the Navy at age two.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Kathy, Joey sends you his best wishes❤️ The sad part is, the picture was immediately share with EBI by one of his "friends".
Post 23 IP   flag post
So there is always someone watching this forum who we would rather not!
Post 24 IP   flag post
Chris, MikeW and Tree are looking after us here 🕵❤️
Post 25 IP   flag post
I know they do Mike thank goodness for them both. 👀
Post 26 IP   flag post
Marion private msg quote post Address this user
I was so happy to see Kathyc’s postings yesterday. Great clipping with Joey in it, and the photo with Don’s children was so great as well. There are a lot of fans who really appreciate the photos and I do not understand why people take the photos immediately and post them somewhere else to get credit. Everyone is reading this site and knows where photos originate.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
They will probably also be branded as property of EBI. It really is shameful.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Just sent ChrisW answers, both she and Joy were right Phil is 3rd row 3rd along from the left. Don is 3rd row 6th along, he is in different uniform to Phil because he was promoted to Squad Leader. That boy was always meant to lead, he was brilliant at it!!! Marshall is 10th along same row. Joey is just below him on the row below row 4 12th from the left.

Remember asking Phil in I think it was 1965, what rank are you. He said PFC, I asked what that stood for (I am English!) he said Private First Class - then laughed and said the way things are going I'm going to be oldest PFC in the entire marine corps! For the record Phil, Marshall and Joey were all born in 1939. Phil 19th January, Marshall 26th January (7 days younger) & Joey 25th April, although Joey seems to have lost a few years overtime. Remember Marshall reading an article I had on Joey when he commented - hey Phil remember when he was the same age as us!
Post 29 IP   flag post
Well by golly, I was right. No credibility, because I didn't record it. Only Don & Phil - don't know the others quite as well. Wasn't sure at what stage of training this was taken, so didn't have the confidence to think it was Don in different uniform.Thanks, KathyC!
Post 30 IP   flag post
54166 37 30
destitute