The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
I know they do Mike thank goodness for them both. 👀
Post 26 IP   flag post
Marion private msg quote post Address this user
I was so happy to see Kathyc’s postings yesterday. Great clipping with Joey in it, and the photo with Don’s children was so great as well. There are a lot of fans who really appreciate the photos and I do not understand why people take the photos immediately and post them somewhere else to get credit. Everyone is reading this site and knows where photos originate.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
They will probably also be branded as property of EBI. It really is shameful.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
Just sent ChrisW answers, both she and Joy were right Phil is 3rd row 3rd along from the left. Don is 3rd row 6th along, he is in different uniform to Phil because he was promoted to Squad Leader. That boy was always meant to lead, he was brilliant at it!!! Marshall is 10th along same row. Joey is just below him on the row below row 4 12th from the left.

Remember asking Phil in I think it was 1965, what rank are you. He said PFC, I asked what that stood for (I am English!) he said Private First Class - then laughed and said the way things are going I'm going to be oldest PFC in the entire marine corps! For the record Phil, Marshall and Joey were all born in 1939. Phil 19th January, Marshall 26th January (7 days younger) & Joey 25th April, although Joey seems to have lost a few years overtime. Remember Marshall reading an article I had on Joey when he commented - hey Phil remember when he was the same age as us!
Post 29 IP   flag post
Judyc13 private msg quote post Address this user
Well by golly, I was right. No credibility, because I didn't record it. Only Don & Phil - don't know the others quite as well. Wasn't sure at what stage of training this was taken, so didn't have the confidence to think it was Don in different uniform.Thanks, KathyC!
Post 30 IP   flag post

I can imagine those lost years of Joey Paige being a running joke each time they got together! 😆
Thanks for filling us in on the lost boys in the line up Kathy.
Phil got respect for returning to the Marines each year but Kathy did Joey and Marshall go back each year too?
Post 31 IP   flag post
Yes they did. Don Wayne use to call them the three musketeers. Phil was not present at Jason's birth because he was serving, he did come out after he served in 1966. Not sure how much longer the other two did though I guess until they like Phil became fathers!!??? Sorry how in considerate of me if an Everly was not involved I guess I lost interest, regret that now otherwise I could give you a decent answer!!!
Post 32 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Kathy. So glad I was right about Phil I even managed to find his gorgeous face on my tiny iPhone!! Just shows how devoted I am Xx❤️❤️
Post 33 IP   flag post
Joey Paige with Phil in Germany September 1963.

Post 34 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Phil looks fantastic there. So tall and handsome
Post 35 IP   flag post
Actually I have this pic it was one that Heidi got for us before she left Germany for LA, we printed it along with others in our fan club mag. Please note Phil had his short hair from the marines in college boy cut before the Beetles!
Post 36 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Great photos! I still can't pick Phil and Don out from the others but they all look so smart and proud in their dress uniforms! I like the bit of the article too and the poignant tale of the shared suit when the boys were in their teens! I am sure they appreciated it all the more when they became famous and were able to afford the finer things in life and buy a house for their parents after all the sacrifices they made over the years to help the boys realise their dream! ...And yes, Phil was one cute toddler!! [He was always cute of course!!]
Post 37 IP   flag post
54168 37 12
destitute