The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Johnny Walker Sounds of the 70s7904

Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
On BBC Radio 2 this afternoon Oct 14 Johnny spoke for some time to Duane Eddy. Who talked about Phil & Don and how he produced Phils album JW also spoke about the boys their guitar playing and the wonderful angelic harmonies he then played Phils Our Song at about 1-33 min into the show. Prior to this someone wrote in to say they had seen Duane and the Everlys in the 90s and what a wonderful show it had been. It was. I remember when Phil passed away Duane spoke at great length on radio about him and their friendship. Duane is appearing at the London palladium 20Oct and at Bridgewater Hall Manchester on 30 with Albert Lee xx❤️❤️
Post 1 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
I posted this one just a little earlier Joy. It is a good interview.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Sorry Chris. Ive just seen your post. whoops!! Great minds think alike or so they say It was a good interview Seems like a really nice man xx❤️❤️
Post 3 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Glad to see you folks are on the ball
Post 4 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Everyone in the music business who ever met Phil and Don and who appreciates their fabulous music speaks so very highly of them! So good to know the esteem their music is held in and so richly deserved!
Post 5 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Fabulous to listen to Johnny and Duane talking so kindly about Don and Phil
Post 6 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
There is a small piece in Fridays Daily Express from Duane. He is discussing his 6 favourite albums and says 'The Very Best of the Everley Brothers'.
This is what he says:
The most angelic sound I'd ever heard. I worked with them a lot. I produced Phil's first solo album. I liked to write with him just to hear him sing.

The last album which Duane and Phil wrote and Phil wrote a song about Patti does anyone know if it ever was released?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thanks Chris. More or less what he said on radio. Don’t think the album has been released yet. Always hopeful though xxx❤️❤️
Post 8 IP   flag post
Marion private msg quote post Address this user
Joy it’s a good thing you and Chris both posted about this interview, it is well worth listening to.
Hopefully the album and Phil’s song for Patty will be released soon.
I would love to hear the song, but I know it’s going to make me tear up and then some.
Post 9 IP   flag post
54168 9 9
destitute