The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
https://youtu.be/EncNTzB8ibA This clip from the Petula Clark show is of her singing with both Everlys but it looks to me that she is pretty smitten with Phil in particular?? The bonus is that the boys also sing "Let it be me" on their own after their song with Petula and some cute banter ensues too!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Agree here DeeDee, Petula looks truly smitten with Phil! Can't blame her! xxxxx
Post 2 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Petula Clark, CBE (born Sally Olwen Clark; 15 November 1932) is an English singer, actress and composer whose career has spanned seven decades.

Clark's professional career began as an entertainer on BBC Radio during World War II. During the 1950s she started recording in French and having international success in both French and English, with such songs as "The Little Shoemaker", "Baby Lover", "With All My Heart" and "Prends Mon Cœur". During the 1960s she became known globally for her popular upbeat hits, including "Downtown", "I Know a Place", "My Love", "A Sign of the Times", "I Couldn't Live Without Your Love", "Colour My World", "This Is My Song" and "Don't Sleep in the Subway". The timing and popularity of these songs caused Clark to be dubbed the First Lady of the British Invasion. She has sold more than 68 million records throughout her career.
Clark's recording successes led to frequent appearances on American variety programs hosted by Ed Sullivan and Dean Martin, guest shots on Hullabaloo, Shindig!, The Kraft Music Hall and The Hollywood Palace and inclusion in musical specials such as The Best on Record and Rodgers and Hart Today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmP8w85HfQ4

[center]
[/center]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EncNTzB8ibA&feature=youtu.be
Post 3 IP   flag post
I had one Petula record, a big hit for her called ‘Sailor’. Anne Shelton covered it but Petula's record stayed at No.1 for a number of weeks! Must have been 1960/61.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
Fabulous pictures Chris, thank you so much.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Judyc13 private msg quote post Address this user
Best screen shots I’ve seen, Chris. Arguably their most attractive period, too. Loved Don’s beautifully tailored blue suit.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Gosh Chris, thanks for the super screen shots [don't have a clue how to do those]! Weren't those boys gorgeous back then? I don't blame Petula Clark one bit for gazing at Phil the way she did!! And yes, great suit Don is wearing!
Post 7 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Petula and Phil seem to be locked into each other's eyes.
Phil certainly knew what colours and clothes suited him.
From what Kathy has said about Phil's eyes I wouldn't mind swapping places with Petula!!!💕
Post 8 IP   flag post
BobbyBri private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judyc13
Loved Don’s beautifully tailored blue suit.

Don himself seemed to love his blue suit. He was wearing it previously at the Dean Martin Show on 5thNovember 1970 (pretaped from September).

Post 9 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Phil did love him some tiny women with huge doe eyes. Look at Jackie, Patricia and Patti
Post 10 IP   flag post
Yes, Eadhead, never a tall blonde! He was close to Jackie De Shannon though, she was blonde, maybe real, maybe not! xxx
Post 11 IP   flag post
Sorry Redhead, (Your name) computer is doing some strange things these last two days! Touch screens are a bit of a pain. I check what I type but miss mistakes sometimes! xx
Post 12 IP   flag post
So, so, interesting to get these little snippets from people who knew Don and Phil a bit personally! So Phil liked petite girls! Must have brought out his protective side! Wonder if 5'6" would have cut it??
Post 13 IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
I was reading a very old interview where Don and Phil were describing the type of woman they liked. Don said of his type of woman, hair colour was immaterial and she didn’t even have to be pretty as long as she was natural and had personality. Phil said he preferred blondes, but that his current girlfriend was brunette, I suppose that would have been Jackie...and it turned out all three of his wives were dark haired.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Patricia was a redhead so I may have had a shot!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Ah ha I haven’t seen a lot of photos of Patricia, so it seems that in spite of what Phil said, he wasn’t particular about hair colouring. Maybe Red, we all would have had a shot. 😀
Post 16 IP   flag post
I would say that's a good bet ,,, we'd all have had a shot!
Post 17 IP   flag post
Marty private msg quote post Address this user
@Redhead1966
Well, since we are all taking a shot here, I’ll throw my hat in the ring too. I’m natural and have loads of personality. And Don was pretty easy to catch so....💁🏻‍♀️
Post 18 IP   flag post
Marty -

ANY female could catch Don! If only for a little while! But point taken ... you are the gold standard of natural beauty with loads of personality
Post 19 IP   flag post
Marty private msg quote post Address this user
A little while with Don may be all I could take anyway 😂
Post 20 IP   flag post
HA!HA!HA! It’s been such a comical thread! Like pass the parcel! I love both Don and Phil, with a preference for Phil with his kind and responsible nature! Never the less, I prefer my one lady hubby! Wouldn't mind Don singing me to sleep all the same!

Ah well, CD's and DVD's of Don and Phil are forever young! So we can still dream! A bit like the end to the story of Oscar Wilde’s ‘Story of Dorion Gray’ are these DVD's! xxxxx
Post 21 IP   flag post
As you say, the beauty of DVD's are that the boys are frozen in time at their peak of talent and beauty for us all to admire and enjoy forever! Back in the real world I am sure we all love our other halves more than life itself and just enjoy playing games with our musical heroes!!
Post 22 IP   flag post
I have no other half so I can enjoy with a clear conscience !!
Post 23 IP   flag post
I wouldn’t swap my other half for the world...(not even for Don or Phil). In fact we have just celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary and the passage of time since our wedding day, feels like the blink of an eye. It was love at first sight when I met my husband and the feeling has grown rather than diminished over all these years.
Post 24 IP   flag post
I wouldn’t swap my other half for the world...(not even for Don or Phil). In fact we have just celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary and the passage of time since our wedding day, feels like the blink of an eye. It was love at first sight when I met my husband and the feeling has grown rather than diminished over all these years.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Oops didn’t mean to post twice, getting old!
Post 26 IP   flag post
Roxy,

You're lucky .... I wasn't as lucky with mine. So for me Don and Phil are lovely consolation prize 😊
Post 27 IP   flag post
Sorry for that Redhead. I firmly believe that there is a special “someone” out there for every one. However Don and Phil are a fantastic consolation while waiting.👍😀
Post 28 IP   flag post
We can all just Dream, Dream, Dream, Dream......as far as the lovely Everly boys are concerned! A harmless fantasy whilst being perfectly happy with our own lives!!!
Post 29 IP   flag post
54378 29 29
destitute