The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

So Sad - Norwegian TV 19607889

Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead1966
I read interviews that in the early days Phil had a habit of laughing during songs he was so delighted with the girls reactions to them and Don had to shoot him a look to keep him from breaking into giggles and ruining the performance. I find that so endearing.

Yes there is one early performance where the girls are screaming and Phil is struggling to stop laughing. As you say it is very endearing.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Craig ..... excuse me? Elvis wasn't that handsome? Do you know another Elvis? Perhaps you meant Elvis Smith from Omaha, NE? Surely you don't mean Elvis Presley??????

I’m with you Redhead, the young Elvis was stunning to look at.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Do you have a link to that performance?
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by craiglhope
HA, yeah, you're right....I was going to delete that opinion, but Elvis was handsome and had a seductive look about him, also. I repent! Sorry. Funny, I was watching a number of his show last night....1968, 1969....home movies, the Mephis Mafia, Col. Tom Parker, Priscilla, .......he was/is very, very, very, monumental. I'm starting to watch the history of The Beatles, also, again....fascinating what they did in 1963,64,65,66.........guess I'm intrigued with fame and fortune and what happens afterwards...Lennon had a beautiful song, "Beautiful, Beautiful, Boy."

John Lennon’s Song Beautiful Boy was about his second son he had with Yoko Ono his name is Sean.

Quote:
Do you have a link to that performance?

I’ve just been looking on You Tube and I can’t find it yet. I will keep trying, it’s there somewhere.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I think this is the one, the quality is bad but Phil is definitely trying to stop giggling, bless him, especially from 1:51.

Post 30 IP   flag post

ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
I thought this would be the clip you were thinking of Jane. It didn't affect Phil's vocals one bit either. He is a sweetheart in this clip, very endearing💕
Post 31 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for posting!
Post 32 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Phil in particular looks adorable as he struggles with the giggles! Such a cute post! Thank you! Doesn't Don look so slightly built then? He was a skinny fellow at that time!! Phil looks much more than that inch or so taller! They both were certainly very handsome young men! No wonder those girls were screaming their heads off!!!
Post 33 IP   flag post
Lynn private msg quote post Address this user
Phil was so, so cute!!!
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
Thanks for posting!

There is another one which is much better quality but I can’t find it at the moment. I will keep trying. It’s funny how Perry Como mildly rebuked the audience for screaming and they were much more subdued for the second song. All I can say is he should have been in the audience when I saw them in Birmingham in 1960, it was non-stop screaming from the beginning of their appearance to the end.
Post 35 IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
HA, yep, 1950's, sedate television, there rarely showed Elvis twisting and gyrating, they usually showed him from the waist up and told him not to be 'wild' before he went on stage. Same with Mick Jagger's lyrics...he did what they said, but rolled his eyes as to the Puritanical change(s),while he sang, etc. The audiences probably fainted when the 1970's, 1980's, came about....Boy George, Cindy Lauper, Kiss, Styx, Queen, Jagger & Company, et al. A few screams in 1957 and that was a big, shocking, deal. Funny.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee
Phil in particular looks adorable as he struggles with the giggles! Such a cute post! Thank you! Doesn't Don look so slightly built then? He was a skinny fellow at that time!! Phil looks much more than that inch or so taller! They both were certainly very handsome young men! No wonder those girls were screaming their heads off!!!

Yes Don was slightly built until they joined The Marines. I think Don had a worse reaction than Phil to the so-called vitamins they were given which were actually amphetamines, no wonder he was so frail looking at that time.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Yes Jane, I remember Phil saying he started to get worried about these so called vitamins (dubbed B12 being given to them by a doctor) when he hadn't slept for three nights and he could see what it was doing to Don! Don's weight was falling off him! However Phil would see photo's of President Kennedy with this Dr. Feelgood, as he was termed, and think, “well it must be alright!”

Dreadful exploitation by publishers and recording companies squeezing the last ounce of life blood from the Everly's in order to fill the pockets of these greedy managers!

The had the audacity to tell Don and Phil they should both be greatful to them! Don and Phil were bright enough to know it was a two way thing. But what can one do when contracted to these sharks!? xxxxx
Post 38 IP   flag post
Right,Jean....they worked Don & Phil like horses. Bottomline...money, money, money,..."Cathy's Clown" saved WB Records. "Dr. Feelgood" lost his medical license in NYC...everybody was going to him...he was a drug pusher...plain and simple. He wasn't even in the office most of the time, he gave his secretary piles of pre-signed Rx prescriptions for speed, uppers, downers, valium, you name it, he would prescribe it...a la the opioid Rx's of today.
"Vitamins", yeah right! And, now that pot is "legal" here, Coca-Cola and everyone is coming out with sodas, drinks, food, pastries, etc., with pot in them, etc. Idiotic, plain & simple.
Post 39 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
When we were visiting our son in San Francisco last year we were out and about every day. We passed so many 'farm's' blatantly advertising what they were selling. It is sad that this is how it as become. It should be going the other way helping those hooked and closing down the 'growers'. Does anyone think that it will ever be dealt with seriously?
Post 40 IP   flag post
Venice Beach in California is an eye opener too. Lots of invitations to visit a ‘doctor’, pay a fee and get a prescription for medical marijuana. As you pass by the small shops on the beach front you can smell it. As long as there is money to be made it will continue.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
We saw quite a few shops selling it in Canada.....it becomes legal there on the 17th October.
As some of you in the UK will know, there have been a few cases recently in the news, of parents wanting cannabis oil prescribed for their children, to aid the awful number of epileptic seizures they have each day. I think that there is a case for this type of use, as long as it is being delivered in carefully considered circumstances .
Post 42 IP   flag post
Yes! I would love ‘Organic Canabis Healing Oil’ to be available with the correct acb and thc! I would prefer to go down the Holistic route than suffer chemo. Dreadful, dreadful chemical!

Cancer makes so much money for pharmaceutical companies and their share holders. THERE IS NO PROFFIT IN CURE! It pays the pharma companies to have us rely on their drugs that keep ills at bay but never actually cure them!

I don’t believe there has not been a cure for diabetes, common cold, or cancer etc! If we have chemo, we are more likely to have severe secondaries!

Look at your local chemist! Bursting at the seams with cold remedies! Can you believe such businesses want a cure for the common cold? Of course not! They would go completely BUST!

I already make a holistic Termeric Golden Paste! A wonderful anti inflammatory! It really works too!

‘Great Britain’ has huge farms growing Cannabis! Ha! I live in Brentwood Essex. Cannabis is grown and exported but not allowed to be sold in this country! They are owned by the Sugar Companies who can no longer sell Cane sugar!

Things are just not what they seem! Like Don and Phil, the wool was pulled over their eyes! Wool is pulled over ours too! xxxxx
Post 43 IP   flag post
Yes Canada is ahead of us in many ways. My husband has just returned from visiting his sister who lives on beautiful Vancouver Island. Her eyesight is failing rapidly and she suffers terrible pain and immobility with stenosis of the spine. She is considering getting the cannabis oil for some relief from the pain. Her husband who was a very fit and health conscious man was able to care for her but recently he has been diagnosed with motor neurone disease and is going downhill rapidly. In Canada people can now apply for Medical Assistance In Dying which has been legal for about four years. I know it is a contentious subject but I do think they are ahead of us in that respect.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanroberts
Yes! I would love ‘Organic Canabis Healing Oil’ to be available with the correct acb and thc! I would prefer to go down the Holistic route than suffer chemo. Dreadful, dreadful chemical!

Cancer makes so much money for pharmaceutical companies and their share holders. THERE IS NO PROFFIT IN CURE! It pays the pharma companies to have us rely on their drugs that keep ills at bay but never actually cure them!

I don’t believe there has not been a cure for diabetes, common cold, or cancer etc! If we have chemo, we are more likely to have severe secondaries!

Look at your local chemist! Bursting at the seams with cold remedies! Can you believe such businesses want a cure for the common cold? Of course not! They would go completely BUST!

I already make a holistic Termeric Golden Paste! A wonderful anti inflammatory! It really works too!

‘Great Britain’ has huge farms growing Cannabis! Ha! I live in Brentwood Essex. Cannabis is grown and exported but not allowed to be sold in this country! They are owned by the Sugar Companies who can no longer sell Cane sugar!

Things are just not what they seem! Like Don and Phil, the wool was pulled over their eyes! Wool is pulled over ours too! xxxxx

Jean there is a cure for Type 2 diabetes and it is through the correct diet. My husband was diagnosed in March and his blood sugar readings are now in the normal range because he has changed to a low carb, no sugar diet. Did he get guidance for this from the diabetic nurse? Absolutely not, because at his first visit she had a prescription of Metformin waiting for him. Luckily we had both researched the topic and he had already decided to go the healthy eating route and declined the medication. It took a lot of willpower but he is now 39 pounds lighter and as fit as a fiddle. I am 36 pounds lighter as well!
Post 45 IP   flag post
Dear Jean, Jane, Liz, Chris, et al,

You are so correct! Back in the 1920's Mr. Ponzi started a musical chairs financial scam and made a fortune, then they outlawed it. Today Wall Street does it. During the same 1920's up in Harlem, NYC, a woman started the numbers game racket...a penny per bet...pick a number and if it comes up, you win. It got so big that the Mafia Mob got in on it. Today in the USA, states have their Lottery Tickets game. Pot has been illegal, but now it is all but 100% legal. So, now we're a nation of pot-smoking, gambling, stock market investors. All losing propositions. Very sad....money, money, money. Big Pharma, Big Oil, e.g., Vietnam "War", Big Tobacco, Big Monsanto GMO Food, Big Banks, Big "Special Interests Groups" a/k/a/ $ payoffs in Congress,.....unless you're an insider playing the 'game,'.....which I don't want to be,......just live a quiet life, away from cities, and listen to lovely EB music.

Being involved with eyes somewhat (Optician) there is evidence that cannabis can help with Glaucoma. Fine, under controlled situations, absolutely. Under Big Alcohol / Pot groups...teens, drunk / high, driving, etc., ....no.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Jane 43, I agree with you, type 2 diabetes can be controlled by diet, I've known a number of people who have managed to turn their life around this way! Good for them and their will power!

Of course, even type 2 diabetes can have us on regular injections, I know of one! In the private sector, there is a procedure one can buy for some £100+ per week, I think it is. It monitors one's blood and insulin and delivers the correct amounts of insulin during the day without having ourselves the bother! I'm sure such as Theresa May must use such a monitor. Not on the NHS of course!

It’s good to read craig's post. I'm thankful to know we on this forum are aware of big pharma. Big Monsanto, GMO food, big oil etc. We keep our heads level with music, we will always have somewhere to go to turn off the ghastly cruel greed going on around us!

Just kill off our propagating bees by deadly insecticides by such as Monsanto and we won’t be hearing the glorious sound of our beautiful bees humming as they work furiously about nature’s God given work! A few years later, we won’t be singing either! xxxxx
xxxxx
Post 47 IP   flag post
53622 47 22
destitute