The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

So Sad - Norwegian TV 19607889

BobbyBri private msg quote post Address this user
Just look how the boys are flirting with some girls in the audience!
Even Don, who ordinarily is busy with the guitar, allows himself to be sidetracked.

Obviously their performance is lip-syncing maybe due to sound problems in the tv studio? There is no doubt that the Everlys were absolutely up to the job of singing live, though.

clickable text
Post 1 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
I'd like to know if there was any girl, ever, that either of them tried it on with that ever said no. I can't fathom anyone ever saying no to them. They were ethereally beautiful - looks and voices not of this world.
Post 2 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Nice to see this one again Bobby. The blond and even more so the dark haired girl could barely look towards them.

Phil seems like he has a smile ready to crack into a laugh on his lips. If I remember correct this is in a studio, I will check to see if I have anything else.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I read interviews that in the early days Phil had a habit of laughing during songs he was so delighted with the girls reactions to them and Don had to shoot him a look to keep him from breaking into giggles and ruining the performance. I find that so endearing.
Post 4 IP   flag post
MichaelThorndyke private msg quote post Address this user
I think they are miming,no sign of microphones?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Like Bobby says they could sing live - anytime too.
Post 6 IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks, BobbyBri, Great video and performance. Nordic girls are especially pretty and, once again, as usual, those two beautiful young ladies came under the "Everly Spell." Don and Phil are very handsome, they can't help it, girls used to faint when Ricky Nelson looked at them, Paul McCartney, et al,....thats all part of rock 'n' roll...romance, attraction, sexy, great, great music...In a press conference once, Phil was asked if he had any girl friends and he said, "Yes, a few, but they all go bonkers over....(and he pointed to Don).....him! Just ask Linda Ronstadt when Don & Phil went with Warner Brothers, they performed at all the L.A. clubs, Palomino, etc., and Linda was in the front row and "I became absolutely obsessed with Don Everly! It was painful. I couldn't eat, sleep,think straight, or anything. Then she became a star....and she is very attractive, also........and sung as great as Don.......and she was mortified when she saw her words in print, thinking, oh great!! He's going to read that and.....!! And, Don did call her up and they laughed and met and.......... Hey, it's show-biz, it's Hollywood, glamour and glitz...and those two beautiful Nordic girls simply fell into the spell, also. Elvis wasn't that handsome, but it was the reputation and that aura stars have about them....just like Craig Hope when Don & Phil spoke with me....just the three of us...I was thinking...DANG!!....these guys are heros! I got nervous, but they were so down-to-earth, calm, nice......... I will be a fan forever(ly)!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Craig ..... excuse me? Elvis wasn't that handsome? Do you know another Elvis? Perhaps you meant Elvis Smith from Omaha, NE? Surely you don't mean Elvis Presley??????
Post 8 IP   flag post
HA, yeah, you're right....I was going to delete that opinion, but Elvis was handsome and had a seductive look about him, also. I repent! Sorry. Funny, I was watching a number of his show last night....1968, 1969....home movies, the Mephis Mafia, Col. Tom Parker, Priscilla, .......he was/is very, very, very, monumental. I'm starting to watch the history of The Beatles, also, again....fascinating what they did in 1963,64,65,66.........guess I'm intrigued with fame and fortune and what happens afterwards...Lennon had a beautiful song, "Beautiful, Beautiful, Boy."
Post 9 IP   flag post
As the saying goes "handsome is in the eyes of the beholder"
Post 10 IP   flag post
True, and I knew a woman in Switzerland who didn't think Elvis was handsome either. I thought she was nuts just like I think Craiglhope is nuts for not thinking Elvis was handsome. Vive la difference, but I still think you're nuts
Post 11 IP   flag post
That's a good point Chris, some ladies like Mick Jagger, and the young ladies of the 1940's used to scream and swoon over skinny "Frankie" Sinatra. Beauty is, as beauty does.

Sorry, Redhead, I repent and have become sane again and Elvis is da' man!!
Post 12 IP   flag post
No problem, Craig.
Post 13 IP   flag post
In the past few evenings, I've noticed that Elvis had a nice sense of humor and would smile, laugh, kid around, and really connect with the audience. Seriously. He had a knack for quickly discerning whether it should be a "Slow, Intimate" song to do, or a "Fast Rocker" number(s). Both Ed Sullivan and Dick Clark had to tell Jerry Lee Lewis and Little Richard to "tone it down when you go out there." I would think that that might be hard to do. They were 'action' rockers and screamers. That was their "thing." They weren't Frankie Avalon-types.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Back to the song "So Sad" I recollect that the time line was wrong on the youtube link that is expired now. Only thing is we can't check it now!!!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Whoops! Here we go! The ‘So Sad’ video won’t play!

Also, I'm afraid I never thought Elvis Presley was particularly handsome either! He became a great showman! xxx
Post 16 IP   flag post
Try the link again Jean which Bobby has put as clickable text it takes a few seconds to get itself set but then the arrow comes on for you to click on.

I just tried it again now and it is still working. Hope you can see it soon. It was on site in an archived thread a while back not sure who posted it, maybe Liz or Lizzie comes to mind but not sure.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Thank you Chris but still won’t work. Told me to get the App. The arrow is there but won’t work! I'll keep trying on and off. I may be lucky! Thank you again! xxx
Post 18 IP   flag post
ChrisW It said go to websight! I did, it worked! Very nice too!
xxxxx
Post 19 IP   flag post
That's brilliant so glad it worked for you.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Judyc13 private msg quote post Address this user
Hardly any others I’ve seen where Don got that distracted. Fun.
Post 21 IP   flag post
I love the twinkle in Don's eyes. Man he was something in his prime, wasn't he?
Post 22 IP   flag post
Marion private msg quote post Address this user
Great video Bobbi, thanks for bringing it up. Yes, they both were something in their prime Redhead. Charming and good looking in there with all that talent.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm having no luck at all getting this video...tried the clickable text and website, but no joy...any other ideas please?
Post 24 IP   flag post
Just keep trying Liz it may work when you are back in Blighty🤣❤
Post 25 IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead1966
I read interviews that in the early days Phil had a habit of laughing during songs he was so delighted with the girls reactions to them and Don had to shoot him a look to keep him from breaking into giggles and ruining the performance. I find that so endearing.

Yes there is one early performance where the girls are screaming and Phil is struggling to stop laughing. As you say it is very endearing.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Craig ..... excuse me? Elvis wasn't that handsome? Do you know another Elvis? Perhaps you meant Elvis Smith from Omaha, NE? Surely you don't mean Elvis Presley??????

I’m with you Redhead, the young Elvis was stunning to look at.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Do you have a link to that performance?
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by craiglhope
HA, yeah, you're right....I was going to delete that opinion, but Elvis was handsome and had a seductive look about him, also. I repent! Sorry. Funny, I was watching a number of his show last night....1968, 1969....home movies, the Mephis Mafia, Col. Tom Parker, Priscilla, .......he was/is very, very, very, monumental. I'm starting to watch the history of The Beatles, also, again....fascinating what they did in 1963,64,65,66.........guess I'm intrigued with fame and fortune and what happens afterwards...Lennon had a beautiful song, "Beautiful, Beautiful, Boy."

John Lennon’s Song Beautiful Boy was about his second son he had with Yoko Ono his name is Sean.

Quote:
Do you have a link to that performance?

I’ve just been looking on You Tube and I can’t find it yet. I will keep trying, it’s there somewhere.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I think this is the one, the quality is bad but Phil is definitely trying to stop giggling, bless him, especially from 1:51.

Post 30 IP   flag post
54378 47 30
destitute