The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

From Eden to Cainin' - Everly Brothers7886

ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
The name on the cover of the video is a line in the song not the title of it.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
I found this one months ago and adore it! Thanks for posting!
Post 2 IP   flag post
colorado3 private msg quote post Address this user
l to found this a while ago and loved it, l tried to find it on one of these gorgeous beautiful handsome boys cd but with no luck. The Everlys golden velvet voices the best in the world,it tears your heart out .l love them with all my heart , their voices are adictive l can,t get enough of them ,l listen to them day and night .Phil is my darling , he is the most loving gentle man on the planet and deserves all the love in the world .l will see him with the angels and here him singing for ever and hold him and give him all my love always . l love you Phil with all my heart . God Bless you my daring now always and for ever. Paula xxx
Post 3 IP   flag post
Judyc13 private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone know what year? Powerful vocals by Don - sounds more mature.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Judyc13 -

I don't know what year but they certainly do sound older. My guess would be in the mid to late 90's, but it's just a guess. I prefer their mature voices - so rich and full like a fine wine.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Chris for posting another fantastic song.
Red it was taken from the album Nice Guys so I’m thinking late 60s but I’m not at home so I can’t check xx❤️❤️
Post 6 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
This is from Everlypedia

FROM EDEN TO CAANAN
(Robert J. Kessler/Robert William Scott) Recorded 15th April 1969 at United Recording Corporation, Hollywood but did not escape
the vaults until its release on Magnum Force’s NICE GUYS in 1984 (incorrectly titled ‘From Eden To Cainin’); take 2 and 4 can be
heard on the 2006 Bear Family box set CHAINED TO A MEMORY. Bob Rafkin (guitar); Clarence White (guitar); Jerry Scheff
(bass); Gene Parsons (drums). Producer: Lenny Waronker; associate producer: Andy Wickham; engineer: John Neil

I am lucky enough to have this vinyl album and there are some excellent songs on it.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Joyb -

It's not the first time my ears have fooled me. I thought Cold was recorded in the 1960's because they sounded so young to me but it was recorded at the end of their career. Their voices are timeless ... that's my excuse!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Gosh, hard to believe it was made in '69. Of course they were entering their 30's then, so not the extremely young lads who started out, but it did sound older to me.
Now I'm going to have to find 'Cold'...(which is what it is today in Colorado mountains).
Post 9 IP   flag post
Judyc13 -

Here is Cold.

Post 10 IP   flag post
@Redhead1966 Fast work - thanks so much!
Had forgotten this was from Whistle Down The Wind. Really like it, though I think I remember seeing that at that point the voices were recorded separately. They do sound very good here.
Is this their last recording?
Certainly makes me feel colder - glad the wood stove is going.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I think it may be the last they recorded. And yes, they recorded it separately.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
I've got the Nice Guys album too, and I agree with Chris, some good stuff on it.
Judy, here's what I think is better than the song Cold. The Everly Brothers recorded a version of what I believe is sung by Meat Loaf on the Andrew Lloyd Webber Whistle Down the Wind CD.Its a great rocking number...
Post 13 IP   flag post
Liz58 -

I love this one! I heard it the first time a month or two ago here on this forum. They never cease to amaze me with their talent.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Sharon private msg quote post Address this user
Just beautiful, thanks Chris.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@Liz58 I love the song, but is it my imagination, or is the harmony not quite so tight here? Must have been a bit challenging to sing - the lyric is pretty involved.
Post 16 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
I am very confused by this post! "Cold" sounds like much younger voices than "Just here for a while" which definitely sounds like the gorgeous mature voices post the Reunion! When someone says that "Cold" was the last song they recorded and the tracks were done separately, I presume that they mean just before the '73 split? I doesn't sound like something they did in the reunion years at all surely??
Post 17 IP   flag post
Cold was done at the end of their career. They do sound young which is why I thought it was done when they were young but no, they were at the end of their career and they went in to the studio separately. Phil would wait in a hotel across the street from the studio for Don to finish then he'd go in and do his bit. They had stopped speaking again by this time, obviously.

It was done in the late 1990's I believe, maybe even the early 2000's. I haven't been able to find the exact date. But it was many years after the 1983 reunion.
Post 18 IP   flag post
53621 18 18
destitute