The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
I came across this on Youtube recently and it's up there with their "Rock and roll medley" video. Hope its new to some of you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayQsTg8GMd0&list=RDayQsTg8GMd0&start_radio=1
Post 1 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
I know of this version Mike, it is a favourite live performance of mine. Great song.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
That clip was from a programme called Hippodrome recorded in London just after the Irish tour beginning of May 1966. That's the only time you get to see Eddie Barham playing drums - Phil let him go at the end of the German dates and he didn't come back to England afterwards with them and Terry and Jay so was not on the Two Yanks recordings.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Judyc13 private msg quote post Address this user
@MeFloody Great video - had not seen it. Good to see Terry Slater enjoying himself in the back there, too. Thanks!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Marion private msg quote post Address this user
Love the song, and love this video!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
Agree Judy - Terry does look like he was having fun, actually think that was probably the first time Terry was on UK TV, not sure whether he was with the Flintstones, but the first time with the Ev's as he had only been in the band a few months back then. Is that right Terry?
Post 6 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Come in 7Becbec7 👍 Would love to hear your views 😊
Post 7 IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
I love this video, so much enthusiasm from all concerned.
Post 8 IP   flag post
oldrosie private msg quote post Address this user
this is one of my favorite songs edan and his group had a big success with it. their record was on you tube but haven't checke to see if it, edan left our group to start a new group, guess he got tired of following in dad or uncle footprints lol
Post 9 IP   flag post
They did Rosie.

A favourite of mine too.
Post 10 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure if I saw the same bits but there was a clip of Shindig with Roy Orbison doing "Tell me what I say" and the boys come on near the end and boy does Phil especially, [though Don is cutting a rug too,] have the moves!!
Post 11 IP   flag post
I remember the one DeeDee near the end and Phil is leaning so far back I don't know how he didn't fall over😄
Post 12 IP   flag post
53621 12 12
destitute