The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Radio times Interview/Ray Connolly - Dec 19827882

Judyc13 private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text

Hope this works. I'm really saving for myself, because I can't work out another way to save it.
Fascinating insight to some songs - a couple of which really surprised me.I really thought So Sad had been written about one of Don's break-ups, and wasn't Cathy's Clown supposed to have been about his own experiences?
Interesting anyway.
Post 1 IP   flag post
cuddles private msg quote post Address this user
thanks judyc13 it works in Australia
peter
Post 2 IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry, not working in New Zealand....
Post 3 IP   flag post
CameronMcMenemy private msg quote post Address this user
Can't access it in UK
Post 4 IP   flag post
BobbyBri private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for bringing this up Judy.

Unfortunately the link doesn't work here either.

But this one does, hopefully somewhere else, too.
clickable text
Post 5 IP   flag post
Marion private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Judy and Bobbie. The link Bobby posted works in the U.S.
Excellent reading and I do not remember reading this article before. Always interesting to read the history of all of the wonderful Everly recordings and the Everly’s input. I did have to chuckle over the ventriloquist, must have been both funny and a bit of touchy work talking Archie out of that one. Bird Dog was my favorite song when I was very young, I loved the song and Don’s speaking voice especially.
Post 6 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
I don't see it either
Post 7 IP   flag post
Judyc13 private msg quote post Address this user
http://www.rayconnolly.co.uk/pages/journalism_01/journalism_01_item.asp?journalism_01ID=60

Maybe just copy and paste this, for those for whom the link is not working?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Judy but sadly it didn’t work. However Bobbys did so a big. Thank you. Have seen it before but it was good to read it again and be reminded xx❤️❤️
Post 9 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
Joy you can get it on Google if you put in radio times Ray Connelly Dec 1982. It's not an interview it's just bits he's picked up from other articles. He gets his facts wrong a lot and his brothers mixed up on who did what. To be honest I throughly dislike him - he's the guy on the day after Phil died put in the papers think it was the daily mail - who said they hated each other - we were all trying to come to terms with the loss of Phil and read the tributes and HE!!!
Post 10 IP   flag post
54364 10 10
destitute