The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Gorgeous different version of Why Worry7880

DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
https://youtu.be/ojIw6KBQU8g?list=RDSIt2xQ2imyo I found this gorgeous version of Why Worry on You Tube Usually it's the clip from the Chet Atkins Show that comes up but this is from a concert in 1985 I don't know where the concert was but it's such a beautiful live version! Hope you enjoy it as much as me?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
I love the album version, too. I love how it trails off at the end with those unexpected chords. LOVE it.

I just saw that yours had that trailing off at the end ... no need to listen to mine Your way they can hear and see - and they are easy on the eyes
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Redhead, I fell in Love with “Why Worry”. the first time I ever heard it on the album! Like you and DeeDee, I still love it now! xxx
Post 3 IP   flag post
colorado3 private msg quote post Address this user
Another beautiful song which l loved the first time l heard it with Chet ,by the two most gorgeous, handsome, beautiful men on the planet. They are Icons and legends and eill never be forgotten they are the best singers in the world and no one will ever be as good as they are .l love them with all my heart especially Phil , he is such kind, caring genuine,lovig beautiful person , and by far the most gorgeous man in the world . l would have loved to have met him and hold him and give him all my love and my heart .I kiss him every night and he is in my prayers evry night l tell him he is in my heart always and l will see him with the angels and hold him for ever God Bless you darling Phil xxx Paula .
Post 4 IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice post DeeDee! I'd vote it up, but I'm recently finding it near impossible to do that, as I tap away on the green button, and nothing happens! Is anyone else having this difficulty?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
I love all versions, but this one I love best.

Post 6 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Yes Liz! The green button works when it wants to! I've almost forgotten its here!xxx
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thanks to others for adding that lovely version on the Chet Atkins show! What a song!!! I think Mark Knopfler had the Everlys in mind when he wrote it! NO ONE could ever do a better version! Just fabulous!!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
BobbyBri private msg quote post Address this user
What a marvellous version of a beautiful song. Don and Phil both are singing so softly and sensitively, it does nearly melt your heart.
Thank you DeeDee.

Nevertheless, you can't beat the version with the Everly Brothers, Chet Atkins, and Mark Knopfler because of it's very special atmosphere. You're going to be so wrapped up in it that you're nearly going to be crying at the end of the song.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
I love Why Worry because every time I hear it I'm back in the 80's watching them sing it live on stage - happy memories such JOY !!!
Post 10 IP   flag post
donandphilfan private msg quote post Address this user
I'm with you Kathyc, I too saw them sing this beautiful song live on stage in the 80's.
Hearing it always brings back wonderful memories of that tour, what wouldn't we all give to be able to see them perform again? I am so grateful to be able to look back on the times I saw them in concert and especially the times I met them both here and in The States. They were always so friendly and I loved the way Phil always called me Ma'am.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Oh Kathy and D&P fan.... you are indeed so very lucky to have seen Don and Phil live! Even luckier to have personal memories of meeting both of them! The rest of us can only Dream, dream, dream, dream of those fabulous concerts and glean what we can of that superb atmosphere they created from the host of great clips and concerts which are thankfully available to us online and on DVD etc! enjoy your wonderful memories!!
Post 12 IP   flag post
53620 12 12
destitute