The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Shenfest 2018..Bill Hillman Grand Marshall!7872

Sharon private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user

So many have helped with the fund raising already and you have been to 2/3 Sharon. Your car looked like you had a very good spot to show it off I wish I could have been with you. I can see how many are buzzing around in the photos.

I know they were selling Tee shirts to help raise some more money for the little house. These are commemorative tee shirts from the 1986 Homecoming but a little different.

Post 2 IP   flag post
Marion private msg quote post Address this user
Wonderful interesting clear photos Sharon. Looks like you had a fun day and the weather looks perfect. Makes me want to visit Shenandoah and the little house. Thanks for sharing your day.
Post 3 IP   flag post
The 1986 commemorative Homecoming t-shirts have arrived just in time for Shenfest weekend! The original t-shirt was the same color and had only the concert ticket printed on the front, but we decided to add the original stage portraits designed by the late Shenandoah artist Larry Greenwalt. These portraits are now on display in the Depot Deli's Listening Room along with other memorabilia. T-shirts are $20 with proceeds going to the Everly Brothers Childhood Home and will be sold onsite tonight and tomorrow. After Shenfest, t-shirts will be available from the Shenandoah Chamber and online at ShenandoahIowa.net.
Post 4 IP   flag post

Post 5 IP   flag post
They have a new brochure to hand out now. And these are the portraits now at The Depot. I am grateful to Bill, he has always taken the time to talk to me when I've had the luck to return to Shenandoah.
Post 6 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Sadly the "Home" was closed when my wife and I went there in 2014, but a gentleman named Tom (if I recall) opened the main museum up for us and showed us some of the Everly things they had there, along with the other artefacts. Nice town.
Post 7 IP   flag post
That was a kind gesture for him to do for you Mike.
Post 8 IP   flag post
The first time I was there could only take pictures thru the windows, but it thrilled me. Second time I checked ahead, went over to The Depot and they just handed me the key. I couldn't believe it! The trust shown can only be found in a small tight community. I was all alone in that home, and I could almost feel their presence. And I feel it every time I am there.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
What an incredible thrill that must have been Sharon, lucky you.
I think I wouldn’t have been able to breathe the whole time I would have been inside that little house. Perhaps I will visit there one day.❤️
Post 10 IP   flag post
I am very lucky, to live where I do, Shenandoah is a quick hour drive. Every time I go down the hiway into town, and look at the farms and rolling hills , I have to believe that this scenery probably hasn't changed much since they lived there.
Post 11 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Luck you Sharon.It was 2014 when I was there and they hadn't quite got it together to let you have a key back then. But the trip and the countryside was wonderful. We drove from Chicago to Omaha (just because of the fabulous Everly song)then down to Shenandoah, on the Kanasa City and then to Central City. So many places that the Everly could have walked ❤️
Post 12 IP   flag post
I will be driving down to Central City in a few weeks.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Another chance to get new photos Sharon. Sooo wish I could join you.❤
Post 14 IP   flag post
54364 14 14
destitute