The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Dream, Dream, Dream gets a new airing!7868

DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
I was so thrilled today to hear "All I have to do is Dream" about half a dozen times on our TV set...and it's the original Everly version!! It's being used in an ad for delivery of food "Whenever I want you, all I have to do is dream" Rather crassly being used to point out that you can have any type of food delivered anytime "Night or day"! But....I don't care, it means Don and Phil are gracing prime time TV with one of their classic songs and repeatedly! I hope the royalties are pouring in for Don, and for Phil's estate! Maybe it should be re-released and would be guaranteed another run up the Hit Parade!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
This has been on for quite a while now. I think Liz58 first drew our attention to it a while back. It does seem a strange choice for a food delivery ad but it is always good to hear the song. There is also another ad, can’t remember what for, in which a female sings Dream but in a very different arrangement, in fact it is almost unrecognisable from the original. I think Phil and Don’s version of Dream has also been used in an ad for beds a while ago. I’m with you DeeDee, although it is rather strange to see the song accompanied by floating burgers, I don’t really care what the ad is for as long as they get the royalties.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
I found information on the version of Dream which accompanies the tv ad for EasyJet. It is by an American lady called Cat Power and the arrangement is very different from the original; she has given it the title of ‘Dreams’. She looks like a young Cher.

https://www.tvadsongs.uk/easyjet-advert-singer-dreams-imagine/
Post 3 IP   flag post
How interesting Jane! Thanks for adding to the thread!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Just heard the Easy Jet version! Our boys still do a far better rendition of course, no-one will ever do it better, but fun to hear this lady's take on this Everly classic!
Post 5 IP   flag post
54364 5 5
destitute