The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
I just heard Morning Of My Life by The BeeGees on the radio and it reminded me so much of this one. Now I have them both going round in my head but it’s very pleasant.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
Love it thanks Jane.
Post 2 IP   flag post
CameronMcMenemy private msg quote post Address this user
It's a nice song
Post 3 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Love the single and I thought it might have got into the charts when it was released. It got lots of airplay in the UK and was made record of the week or more accurately a "Simons Diamond" on Dave Simons BBC evening radio show but alas, same old same old!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Judyc13 private msg quote post Address this user
Loved this from first hearing.Good to hear it again - thanks.
Post 5 IP   flag post
shelenedoss private msg quote post Address this user
Great song
Post 6 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
This song is so beautifully sung, the harmony when Phil comes in is perfect! I bought the record, although I thought it very unlikely gaining a high place on the charts!

So many good recordings for an album! Released as a single? Going nowhere! Loved by Everly appreciators but songs not about being in love, break ups, heart breaks, a new girl etc. Had little bearing on a young person's life! Songs about ‘Milk Trains’. ‘Common People’. ‘It’s My Time’ the lovely ‘Lord of the Manor’ meant little if anything to the 60s/70s current record buying public!

Such bad handling of our duo once on Warner Bros. Well, it was a crying shame! xxx
Post 7 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
@Jane43
This song is such a favourite of mine Jane, it is such a catchy tune when you think of the lyrics!

It is on 'The Definitive Everly Brothers' which I have, not sure if it is on any other albums.
Post 8 IP   flag post
colorado3 private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Jane I love this song sung by the two most gorgeous, handsome, talented best singers in the world who l love with all my heart. Phil is the love of my life ,he is in my heart for ever and in my prayers every night . He is the most kind and gentle loving man in the world and deserves all the love in the world .I will see him with the angels and hold him and give him all my love .l have the song on Everly Country ,God Bless you darling Phil .xxx paula .
Post 9 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Really nice song but the flute is a bit sharp when listening with headphones! And, yes, the Everly Brothers should have had many more hits and Warner Bros seemed to be fairly hopeless at promoting their stars! The Everlys music stands the test of time though and will live forever! If only Phil was still here with us! He will never die in the hearts and minds of all his fans and everyone who loves his and Don's voices though! Harmonies made in Heaven for sure!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Ricardo, can you help? I'm answering DeeDee's post above!

DeeDee, I'm going to ask Ricardo if he could tell us what exactly is the instrument you said was a flute playing a bit sharp on ‘Its My Time’

It’s not a flute, it’s in the pitch of a picolo! However the actual tone is more of a good tin whistle!? Sounds good, maybe on headphones a little piercing!

Over to you Ricardo? xxx
Post 11 IP   flag post
cuddles private msg quote post Address this user
good song thanks
peter
Post 12 IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
April 1968....I remember hearing this one on the radio.
...Milk Train....I'm On My Way Home Again....Carolina On My Mind...1969....
Post 13 IP   flag post
LizzieB private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Jane .
Been a while since I listened to this one.
It's a great song- I love it.
Post 14 IP   flag post
54364 14 14
destitute