The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Home coming press conference7848

Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Post 1 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Joyb -

Great minds think alike! I was just about to post this.

OK, can anyone tell me what the question was that prompted Don to say he felt like he was in a Disney movie? Was he referring to the Disney World 15th Anniversary TV show they did?
Post 2 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
@Joyb
It is another great interview before a Homecoming Concert. Nice to see Ted Everly there again. Duane and John Prone appeared at these concerts. John more than once.
Did any members get to go to a Homecoming Concert? I have always wished I could have been there.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Joy for posting this. I have never seen it before. so lovely to see something that is brand new for me.

I think the question to Don, was asking him how he felt about the previous years Home Coming Concert, and he said it was like being in a Disney Movie...It is not easy to hear some of the questions clearly.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know the year of this ‘home coming’? Also how many ‘home coming’ shows The Everly's actually took part (stared) in?

In the two ‘home coming’ video's, Don and Phil actually looked very happy to be back home and indeed with each other! It’s not too often we see them together in a light hearted mood. Don of course will have a lady in tow, so it’s not total togetherness! xxx
Post 5 IP   flag post
On YouTube it says 1989. Jean. Think they ran for a few years. Yes they do look very relaxed and happy not sure if they started in 86 xx❤️❤️
Post 6 IP   flag post
Just googled it Jean article says they were in Shenandoah for homecoming in 86. 5000 people attende Apparently it was very windy the stagehands were worried the roof would blow off but Phil said he doesn’t leave the stage until he’s sang Let it be me. And they did. Bless him Don’t know how to post the article xx❤️❤️
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Jeanroberts
Jean I will bring the Homecoming thread back up for you. So much went off when they held them, very good artists performed with them too.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
I was just going to say Chris will have the answer to your questions Jean then I saw her reply. Perhaps Don meant that the parade reminded him of Disney.
Post 9 IP   flag post
shelenedoss private msg quote post Address this user
I went to Homecoming 1996. I met Phil and autographed few items I had.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@shelenedoss
You were very lucky to go to a Homecoming. I brought the thread back up current so you can read through it and maybe it will bring back some lovely memories for you. I so wish I could have been at one or even more. They were some of their great concerts after the Reunion.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you so much for your info. everyone! I shouldn't be so lazy! I'll look such things up next time! Too be honest, I asked before thinking of looking it up! xxx
Post 12 IP   flag post
Judyc13 private msg quote post Address this user
Very nice. Would have been great if there were subtitles for the questions, but at least the answers were very clear. Curious to know what they were drinking from those blue/pink cans.
Did anyone build the factory...?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
It's very difficult at press conferences to catch all the questions, I've taken them down in shorthand and on a couple of occasions I wrote question from behind I couldn't make out and just put our boys response. So on this video we are in this situation here. Re drinks not easy but knowing Phil it's probably cherry coke!!!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Marion private msg quote post Address this user
If I recall correctly one of the cans is on display in the Central City Everly museum. A special issue soft drink for the homecoming, do not recall the brand name, but it is a coke type drink.
Post 15 IP   flag post
RC cola. I saw a picture of it on a thread on this forum - a thread just below this one.

clickable text
Post 16 IP   flag post
@Marion
It's good to hear from someone who has been to the museum and actually seen the cans. There are many photos in the Homecoming thread of this type of thing in cabinets. I know Phil and Don really liked their own choice of drink when they went back to Shenandoah. That was a fantastic start to their Homecoming concerts.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I just checked on the Homecoming thread and on page 2 there is a photo of a Royal Crown Cola. I wonder if this is the one. Maybe Marion knows. I will look through more of the Homecoming thread to see if there are any more cans similar.
Post 18 IP   flag post
This is such a fun interview, both Don and Phil are very personable and enthusiastic about the concert. Great to see the great guest stars too, I would have loved to have attended a concert. I do wonder where so many fans stayed, it is still so hot this time of year.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Regarding the Knotts Berry Farm fallout - today that wouldn't even be a blip on anyone's radar. I just got done watching a 3 minute Smartphone video of two female rappers, Nicki Minaj and Cardy-B, getting into a fist fight last night at a gala event. Once you see the sight of two women dressed in formal gowns pulling each others hair and throwing punches while a group of security men try to pull them off one another you don't give so much as a yawn towards two brothers having a tiff!

Oh yes, and one of the women, Cardi-B, just gave birth last month. How times have changed!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Just quickly skimmed through your wonderful post of the homecoming Chris posted a year ago. It’s amazing. Thank you so much for bringing it back up. You are such a clever lady. The tv will be off tonight and I’m going to indulge myself and read it all from beginning to end. Can’t wait xx❤️❤️
Post 21 IP   flag post
That's very kind of you Joy. I only had to find the information but the Everly Brothers gave the fans these concerts along with many famous names. I just wish I could have been at one of them❤
Post 22 IP   flag post
Welcome to the forum Marion. One of my wishes is to see the museum.
Post 23 IP   flag post
donandphilfan private msg quote post Address this user
@ChrisW
I was lucky enough to go to a Homecoming Concert and it is one of my most treasured memories.It was unbelievably hot but The Boys were fantastic of course and I was able to chat to Don and Adela afterwards, sadly missed Phil.
We stayed at The Everly Hotel at Lake Malone and they were staying there too so also met both of them there on a couple of occasions.
They very kindly both signed my friends guitar...now one of his most treasured possessions of course.
We viewed the collection for the museum even though the final displays were not ready, with a very kind lady who showed us where they were being stored, including the old red cart they had used as children and Don's car.
She told us that Phil particularly like to eat at The Purple Onion in Central City and so of course we dined there one evening but sadly no luck of a sighting.

Wonderful times and memories that last forever!
Post 24 IP   flag post
My husband and I were in Central City 2 summers ago and did not realize there was a very good restaurant we missed going to. The restaurant has since closed perhaps it was The Purple Onion? Would have been great to stay at The Everly Hotel also.
Post 25 IP   flag post
@donandphilfan
Wow what an occasion for you. Not only did you go to a Homecoming Concert but you got to meet Don and Adela and stayed at the motel too. I will have to check out the Purple Onion to see what type of place it was. You were so lucky that day😊
Post 26 IP   flag post
BobbyBri private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW
I will have to check out the Purple Onion to see what type of place it was.

Chris, you can find a commercial for The Purple Onion on youtube - unfortunately no Phil is visible.

The location has closed at the end of January 2015 after 25 years of serving the community.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Thanks Bobby for the youtube link. It looks a really nice place what a shame it is now closed. So many places have closed in the UK after the recession hit. I can see why Phil liked it even if it was only for the banana pudding!!
Post 28 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
A fun post I bet they got so fed up though over the years doing so many interviews though they never showed that and it was lovely to hear them immediately say when someone asked "Do the words mean as much now as back then" they both answered immediately "More"
Post 29 IP   flag post
53018 29 29
destitute