The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

When Snowflakes Fall In The Summer7847

Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user

Today is my husband Paul's 61st birthday. He has been such a star over the last 34 years of marriage, a wonderful husband, and a great Dad to our son Andrew. Last year was a rather subdued celebration for him, as we should have been in New Zealand, but as my sister was terminally ill, we cancelled. It's not been an easy time since then, but he has been so loving and supportive, and I just wanted to record my appreciation. This one was recorded on 6th September 1963, he wouldn't have been aware of it at the time, as he was at primary school!
The photo is of both of us , we support the Scottish SPCA, which is where his birthday money is going .
The song title also is appropriate, as you CAN experience all 4 seasons in one day in Scotland, we have been in a snowstorm when on holiday in late May!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
I so love ‘When Snowflakes Fall’ Its one of my favourite tracks! Very apt with the praise you sing of your hubby!

I love, love, love. animals too! I'm a 40 year member of ‘Dogs Trust’. once ‘T.N.C.D.L.’. Think I've told you before!

What a lovely cheque to present to the Scottish SPCA!

So very sorry to hear about your sister, I dread ever losing mine! I do hope you both have a much happier year!
Love and God Bless to you both! XXXXX
Post 2 IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks, Liz. Another great Mann-Weil number as only Don & Phil can sing them. I like the 1963 strings treatment. Also, kindness and love to animals is foremost and you and Paul are to be congratulated! I've always, always, donated to the SPCA's around here.
Post 3 IP   flag post
CameronMcMenemy private msg quote post Address this user
Another one of my favorite Everly Brothers unreleased songs
Post 4 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Liz. Such a beautiful recording. I love it. Hope PAUL has a great birthday he s a tall handsome chap. I donate to the Blue Cross Code which is an animal charity but the amount you raised was astonishing. Hope this is a better year for you and yours.
I’m just back home from doing new baby duty!! And I have another granddaughter tomorrow. Thought we were meant to take it easier as we got older hey ho xx❤️❤️
Post 5 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Lovely song Liz, I believe it is one of Bert's favourite songs too.

Loving your photo too. We also try to help pet charities when we have the opportunity.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
Happy Birthday for yesterday to Paul. You could almost believe it is winter here today although I think it is officially Autumn or Fall to our US friends. We just had a discussion about whether we should turn the heating on but as it seems too early so we decided to put on thicker cardigans and I have put on some socks. It is a beautiful song, thanks Liz.
Post 7 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
If this sweet song is unreleased where was it available for the post? You do wonder about the cloth ears of some of these record company execs when you hear of really good tracks by all sorts of artists that never get released!
Post 8 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
@DeeDee
An album titled 'The New Album' contains songs previously unreleased from the early 60's.

It is a very good album DeeDee.
Post 9 IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
HA, good point, Chris. "They" think they know what we like. The Beatles were turned down by a few record companies at first....boy, did those "executives" rue that day. I didn't like when WB had Don & Phil do songs that were old tunes from the distance past that no 1960's teen would listen to... WB had conflicting ideas as to what the EB should "be" and to what audience they should be "molded to." Thank goodness there were some fabulous early WB albums and 45's to start off with, at least.........
Post 10 IP   flag post
53018 10 10
destitute