The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Old Grey Whistle Test Sept 19727843

Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Chris's -

What do you mean 'his maybe camera woman?'
Post 26 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
I did wonder if the person with the camera was female and she fancied Don and that is why the csmera was more on Don on this clip. Phil was singing his heart out and looked fabulous yet the camera had a bigger % leaning towards Don.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Ahhhh, I see. But Don usually gets the lion's share of camera time since he sings the lead.
Post 28 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Don does not get the lion's share always! Not on the Reunion Concert for one! There is a lot of lovely Phil there and his smiles towards Don then are so sweet! I think it just depends where the camera angles hit! Cameras were much more static and unwieldy back then so that is the probable explanation! We each have our favourite but they are so wonderful together as their voices when blended are just sublime!!
Post 29 IP   flag post
Phew! Seems things have cooled down without the buckets of cold water I volunteered to provide being required!! I am just going to watch the video again just now however, so maybe one will be required for me after I have viewed the gorgeous two again!!
Post 30 IP   flag post

Maybe watch it while submerged in a tub filled with ice
Post 31 IP   flag post
…..Sigh....gorgeous!! Who would have thought a Tennessee Waltz could send shivers up your spine!!! [Or was it Redhead's tub of ice!!] No, it was DEFINITELY Phil and Don!!!
Post 32 IP   flag post
Did the ice melt?
Post 33 IP   flag post
Oh redhead! You are naughty! Naturally we are discussing the relative merits of the various harmonies incorporated into the songs aren't we??
Post 34 IP   flag post
DeeDee -

I don't know what YOU'RE talking about but *I* am discussing how sizzling hot Don was in that era of his life.
Post 35 IP   flag post
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????????????????????????????????Wow! Redhead!! You are so right!! Phil was sizzling too!!
Post 36 IP   flag post
Yep, both were at the peak of their beauty then.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Sigh...………..yes time...……….and gravity can be so cruel to us all!!
Post 38 IP   flag post
54033 38 13
destitute