The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
https://youtu.be/K_u6LVu64f0 This is a weird interview with the lovely Everlys in 1984 when suddenly they introduced Ken Livingston!!!!! He was clutching a salamander and said the everlys were not much of an influence on him!! What a strange person to have on with the lovely Phil and Don! Our lovely Sue puts in an appearance too [At least the interviewer said Livingston was v unpopular]...unlike our lovely duo who seemed a bit baffled to be on with him!!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
I remember seeing this on Youtube and wondering why that guy was on with the Everlys as well. When you say ;our Sue' do you mean she's on this forum? If so, I missed it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Roxy. This was a morning television show! A current affairs show with guests who happen to be in London! The Sue, was Sue Goodwin, who brought in some Everly memorabilia! xxx
Post 3 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
No sue is Sue Goodwin who ran a “fan” club very successfully for a number of years with Laura Williams however a certain Dutch person crossed their paths. She’s a lovely lady xx❤️❤️
Post 4 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts -

I knew it was a morning program. I actually see clips from this particular show on Youtube. They've interviewed the Everlys a lot.

Joyb -

Is Sue on this forum?
Post 5 IP   flag post
No Roxy, Sue is not on the forum to my knowledge!

The morning television with the Everly's are extremely good, I'm sure you enjoy them as much as I do! xxx
Post 6 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
It's been a year or two since I spoke to Sue (although we always get a Christmas card) but in contact with Laura very regularly and she is doing fine 😊
Post 7 IP   flag post
Jeanronerts -

I'm Redhead1966, not Roxy But thanks for the info!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
As far as I know Sue is not on the forum. Xx❤️❤️
Post 9 IP   flag post
So sorry Redhead! That's twice I've done this to you! However, I assure you, I was talking to you despite the brain failure! xxx
Post 10 IP   flag post
Oops...sorry I confused the Sue in the interview with a Sue who is on the forum I think?? Maybe I am just going quietly dotty!!! The ghastly fellow interviewee was a weird politician who is very creepy indeed!! He kept an alligator in his bedroom apparently and brought a slimy little gecko type thing into the studio with him! The Everlys obviously hadn't a clue who he was or what they were supposed to say to him!! Just a very weird interview to put such a disparate grouping together and amazingly he was Mayor of London at one time. He is very left wing and disliked generally! If only they had just kept chatting with Don and Phil who were doing just fine until he was foisted on things!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Yes DeeDee, Ken Livingston was once known as ‘the most odious man in London’ as was brought up at the beginning, you will remember, of Ken, being introduced on the morning show!

Don was very interested in the Salamander and knew it looked like a Heely Monster, due to its colours! Don and Phil being country guys, know about hunting, fishing and shooting. One nice thing about Ken Livingston, is that he's an animal lover and has the most lovely dog, whom he adores! xxx
Post 12 IP   flag post
Sorry, can't warm to Ken Livingstone animal lover or not!! He seems to have a terrible reputation for being extremely left wing politically but it just seemed to kill the atmosphere in the studio when he appeared on the scene! I think he is very disliked generally so it was not fair to foist him on the lovely Everlys and as he is such an extreme left wing person politically it might have looked like the Everlys were somehow endorsing him by appearing with him which was not what they would have wanted I am sure!
Post 13 IP   flag post
53018 13 13
destitute