The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

That's Just Too Much - vinyl on a Sony turntable7834

ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
I love this song and it sounds so good on the turntable.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds great on your turn table Chris! Love the song too! xxx
Post 2 IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks, Chris. Don knows how to write a song, alright! Beautiful.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
That's just great Chris, talented Don.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
Chris that's just fab to hear and the magic of watching the record go around and around. Also use to so love that picture on the back of the album A Date With The Everly Brothers, thanks for placing it there too.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
I never tire of hearing those wonderful early recordings. We have a turntable in the cupboard but it needs setting up. Hubby said he’d get it working when we moved to our current house and we’ve been here over five years now! To be fair he has done lots of jobs in the house and garden.
Post 6 IP   flag post
We have a very good turntable and all matter of other listening devices in the lounge but my husband did rig up another turntable in one bedroom that now our sons are not here we have more access to. BUT recently the turntable has a problem and it needs addressing, but now we have a link to contact where they may be able to sort that for us. For a long while we have had a name of a repair company in Preston but we don't want to travel and find they cannot help with the belt problem.

I will post all the information I found on records/turntables in a new thread later.

We have to keep playing our vinyls
Post 7 IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
How wise of you Chris not to get rid of all your old records. We have a few but nowhere near as many as we used to have. Many house moves and the misguided idea that they were a thing of the past put paid to most of our collection.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I was talking to the owner of a new vinyl place for me in an heritage centre, he said some more recent vinyls are even commanding good prices. For example he quoted Oasis album 'Definitely Maybe' brought out on CD and vinyl and now the vinyl is worth £80. After Phil's passing interest in Everly music increased 600+% and the vinyl guy says the prices now have slowed down or gone down quite a bit. He was a very interesting guy.
Post 9 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Hypnotic, looking at the turntable! Just like the song! So relaxing! Thanks for the post1
Post 10 IP   flag post
53018 10 10
destitute