The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Everly Brothers CD at Asda7832

Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
Just noticed when shopping in Asda Supermarket this morning, a new issue of an Everly Brothers CD on sale (issued 2018, don’t know which month) Title - “The Everly Brothers 60 Essential Recordings. It is a 3CD set, for the princely sum of £3.00 (three pound)... I know I have most of the songs already, haven’t had time to check yet. However when I saw their dear little faces smiling at me from the shelf I just had to buy and take them home. Some more information.. This Cd was issued 27th April 2018 I expect most of you already have it. Below is only a photo of the Cd Cover, I seem to have lost the knack of posting video/audio clips. 😎😎
Post 1 IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Roxy, I shall investigate further.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Many thank yous Roxy! Must have brightened up your shopping trip! xxx
Post 3 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Roxy, will pop into Asda on Friday, as you say we already have all the tracks, but £3. That photo was one of the first I ever bought of them in Tooting Market for 1/6d. It was glossy black and white - for the last 58 years I had no idea they were wearing purple ties!
Post 4 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think we have an Asda here abouts but for £3, I may have to go for a drive
Kathy, I'm wondering if the cover photo has been painted or whatever the term is for turning B&W photos to colour
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanroberts
Many thank yous Roxy! Must have brightened up your shopping trip! xxx

It certainly did Jean. I fair skipped out of Asda. 😀

Kathyc It is a lovely photo indeed. 😍

MeFloody you may well be right about the photo having colour added. If so it has been beautifully done. 👍
Post 6 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Oh thanks for the tip Roxy...Guess where I will be heading tomorrow? Lovely cover and who cares if we have most of the tracks already! I keep Everly Cd's in my car, my husband's car, different rooms at home so there is always room for one more!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee
Oh thanks for the tip Roxy...Guess where I will be heading tomorrow? Lovely cover and who cares if we have most of the tracks already! I keep Everly Cd's in my car, my husband's car, different rooms at home so there is always room for one more!!

I agree DeeDee, you can never have too many Everly Brothers recordings and who could resist that lovely photo with those gorgeous smiles. ❤️
Post 8 IP   flag post
53018 8 8
destitute