The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Everly Brothers last performance date?7830

Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Oh! Dear Chris! Poor you!
Post 26 IP   flag post
Oops! Chris still typing, finger caught the reply button.

So if Phil suffered this problem, he didn't stand a chance taking aspirin too! Around the late 60’s very early 70’s. Phil went into hospital for a knee operation! I remember him saying, in an article, that this time in life was a very stressful time and when he tried to get out of bed, he couldn't stretch his leg enough to stand up!

Do you remember the knee op. Phil had? I remember it very clearly, not the year unfortunately!

Sorry you have this sweating problem Chris! I do feel for you. I certainly know of this condition, you do well to cope with it!

xxxxx
Post 27 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
Jean his knee op was after 1985 tour. He wrongly thought it was arthritis which was why he was popping the Aspro. It was only when Don discovered what was going on he made him see a doctor and get treatment.

Incidentially I didn't have a headache he said what have you done with yourself this morning honey you look a mess, I was so upset I said I had a headache and he said have you taken anything for it I said no, he said you should so I said I'd get something on the road. Then later when we were leaving and loading up the car and Sheena said Phil's coming over what does he want I said I've no idea and there he was bottle of water and packet of Aspro which I took and accepted his kind gesture of keeping the packet and bottle of water incase I needed to take more. After he left Sheena said I didn't know you had a headache and burst out laughing when I told her I'd only said that because he said I looked a mess!!!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Ha! Ha! Ha! Thank you Kathy!

I just couldn't think what year Phil had his knee op. I just knew it wasn't during the split! But I do remember you telling Phil you had a headache! Phil kindly gave you Aspirins!

If I remember rightly, it came to Phil's attention that you looked a little frade, because you didn't fancy any breakfast! He looked at the breakfast and made a joke about.....was it safe to eat!?

Well, I'm glad Don had the sense to make Phil see a doctor about his knee trouble! I remember in an article Phil said he was so glad to be home and in his own bed because the bed in hospital was so uncomfortable!

xxxxx
Post 29 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathyc
Incidentially I didn't have a headache he said what have you done with yourself this morning honey you look a mess

Kathy if Phil had called me honey I wouldn't care whatever else he said about me!!! haha
Post 30 IP   flag post

Me neither Chris! Ha! Ha! xxx
Post 31 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
Phil used to call me Honey a lot, I loved it, but it use to piss Sheena off that he did, but then Don used to call her Sheshe okay it's just a name but in his sexy voice it sounded wonderful. He use to nickname people, he called Wendy Windy, she asked me can you tell him my name is Wendy, so I did and he said yes I know but Windy suits her better. That was Don for you.

The tablets were Extra Strength Anadin. Sure Jean will know all the ingredients!
Post 32 IP   flag post
Now Kathy! I'm not a pharmacist! The ingredients in Anadin are Aspirin and Caffeine! Sometimes I think they may come in aspirin, caffeine and paracetamol! But not sure if they are the extra strong! Browsing the chemist shop is not for the bewildered!xxxxx
Post 33 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
My husband worked with doctors and pharmacists all the long words just trip off his tongue and mesmerise me!!!
Post 34 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
OH...it's so lovely to hear these little snippets from you lucky people who knew Phil and Don personally! It's just so sad that Phil was addicted to cigarettes for so many years and sadly paid the ultimate price with his health! He was so kind to bring you aspirin Kathy! If only he had stopped smoking sooner his lungs may have recovered and he might have still been here with us and still enjoying his family and playing his guitar! Oh well, it was not to be, but he had so many great years and so much wonderful music has been left behind! When we lose someone close to us we always think we should have done or said this or that and I am sure Don has those feelings about Phil? we can't know but through all the highs and lows of their relationship I am very sure that Don and Phil never stopped loving each other and thinking fondly of their many good times together! As do we all!
Post 35 IP   flag post
53018 35 10
destitute