The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
Another lovely sad song on my favorites list.

Post 1 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Also a big favourite of mine AnnMary. Beautiful song, lyrics and music and of course their singing. Love it❤
Post 2 IP   flag post
CameronMcMenemy private msg quote post Address this user
One of the Everly's best B Sides
Post 3 IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Annmary, Indeed, The EB had a knack for great 'B' sides on their 45's and this one in 1963 was a good choice by WB. Barry Mann & Cynthia Weil were great composers and I like the strings and drums which were big around that time. The Drifters, Sam Cooke, et al. The Walker Bros. had a good hit in UK in 1965 with Phil Spector and his "Wall of Sound" treatment on their rendition of "Love Her." I liked their "The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore", also. I'm a sucker for Spector's rich,lush sounds esp, with the "girl groups",e.g., The Ronettes. I think he married one of them, in fact. Welcome to the '60's.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
Kinda remember the Ev's backing group members like Jay Lacey saying Scott Engel and John being backing musicians at the time on this or other singles.
Post 5 IP   flag post
colorado3 private msg quote post Address this user
Makes you feel like you are floating on a sea of music and beautiful voices of the two best singers in the world , and the most gorgeous ,handsome guy,s in the universe . l wish l had been with them when they performed this stunning song .I love them with all my heart and always will. God Bless You Phil you are forever in my heart my darling see you with the Angels .Paula xxx
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks for the info Craig, you know so much, I look forward to reading your comments.
The sixties were a wonderful time.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thank YOU, Annmary. You and others know more than I do re our heroes. We all learn from this Forum, indeed.
Post 8 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Gorgeous! Sounds like it must feel to be covered in warm chocolate!!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Oh Craig, I only know what I have learned from the forum,and the knowledgeable people who contribute. I know I love them and have been a fan since I bought Cathy's Clown in my teens. I was never fortunate enough to have ever seen them live, but I guess the videos and news on here is the nearest I'll get. I am grateful for that.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Exactly, Annmary. Thanks for all that you say and do and, yeppers, "Cathy's Clown"....7 or 8 million sales, somewhere around there, a mega-hit for sure. Don & Phil are Kings in my opinion. An eternal, heavenly, sound. That harmony hooks you. They have millions of fans worldwide. Never imagined I would meet them, talk with them, get autographs from them, etc., albeit briefly, but I can see those moments in my mind's eye. They were always very accommodating.
Post 11 IP   flag post
LizzieB private msg quote post Address this user
Oh I love this one.
Just so beautiful these voices entwining & rising.
Beautiful. Thank you Annmary.
Off to play it again.
Post 12 IP   flag post
53018 12 12
destitute