Post 1 IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Don & Phil always remembered their "Roots."
Post 2 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
Nice Chris - thanks xxx
Post 3 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Craig, they must have had good memories to recall all their "Roots" towns Every one wants Don and Phil to consider their place as home
Post 4 IP   flag post
So true, MeFloody, many places and people "claim" The Everly Brothers for their "own."
Post 5 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Hmmm, then in keeping with the thread, and since no one in the family will bother to dispute it, I will claim the Everly Brothers home town to be Saint Paul, Minnesota. What's more, they lived in my house that was bought from Ike and Margaret after they moved to Iowa. And for some unknown reason both boys would come back periodically to sit in my parent's kitchen and write all of their hit songs. Mom served them home made chicken soup and Cathy's Clown was originally using my mother's name, but it didn't fit lyrically so they changed it to Cathy.

(disclaimer: all of the above was made up!)
Post 6 IP   flag post
Love it Red you are a Star!!! But the chicken soup was a bridge too far!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Would minestrone have worked better??
Post 8 IP   flag post
As long as you didn't overcook the pasta in it.
Post 9 IP   flag post
No way, mom was taught to cook by her neighbor that came from the old country as they say ... Italy. Pasta is never overcooked in the Redhead Household!
Post 10 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Redhead, my wife Joan and I went through your city back in November last, on the Empire Builder train. I never thought to ask if any of the Forum members could meet us
Post 11 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Redhead I was half expecting you to say they wrote 'Green River' on your porch!!! Ha ha
Entertaining, Craig must be leaving his funny bones lying around for us to pick up! 🤣
Post 12 IP   flag post
MeFloody -

I didn't join the forum until Dec 31st, 2017 so we didn't really miss each other as I wasn't on here to know of you yet. But if anyone passes through my town let me know!
Post 13 IP   flag post
ChrisW -

Anyone who has been to the Twin Cities knows the Mississippi River is brown, not green. It's easier to believe that the boys wrote all their hits songs at my kitchen table than it is to believe that the mighty Mississippi was ever green!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Oh my, Gosh....what can I say..Don & Phil were Minnesota boys, alright. Their accent gives them away...and all those hits written on your kitchen table, Redhead, well I just don't know what to say, other than "Liar, Liar, Hair on Fire"...we all know that they came from suburban Philadelphia and I got some free sunglasses for them when I knew them in High School here, even though I was younger then they were. Then they moved to Atlantic City, NJ for the next 20 years in my beach-front mansion.
Gadzooks, what a pack of fibs, 'mistruths' and flat out hokum. Well, I can "Dream", can't I? I promise, Cub Scout Honor, to never tell a lie, ever again. I did, however, help Boudleaux & Felice write "Dream." (Well, looks like I get kicked out of Cub Scouts!)
Post 15 IP   flag post
Well *I* invented a time machine and travel back to see them on The Ed Sullivan show now and then. It's fun!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Now, truth be told, that would be great fun to do that! No lie.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Einstein maintains that it can be done, we just need to find a way.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Correct. They'll discover a way. If we can land a person on the Moon and back......we'll do it.
Post 19 IP   flag post
And I will go back in time and marry one of the boys to become Redhead1966 Everly
Post 20 IP   flag post
And, I will go back and be their Manager and book them into every venue in this world....it will take years to play all of them and then we'll all retire with $100,000,000,000,000,000,000. Maybe, we'll buy the state of California, or Tennessee, or something..
Post 21 IP   flag post
And I will be on the ground floor backing 'new' things like Google, Apple, Facebook, PayPal and Berkshire Hathaway. We can all sit back and watch the money roll in.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Ain't that the truth. If one had loaded up on those stocks when they first came out????? You'd be the world's first Trillionaire. I would also back R.J. Rowling and her new Harry potter books.
Post 23 IP   flag post
People would think we had the Midas Touch.
Post 24 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
I am so gullible!! I was half way through your story about buying your house from Ike and Margaret, Redhead before I realised it was a spoof!! DAH!!!!! What fun! Actually, everyone knows the Everlys are British and related to me!!! [I wish!!] Lovely photos of Don and Phil! I especially like the one of Phil holding up their street name!! They both look like they had a ball and how typically lovely of them to run over to their old school teacher She would have been thrilled! They must have made that old lady's day, month, year!!!
Post 25 IP   flag post
DeeDee -

You remind me of my sister when we were kids. She would believe *anything* I told her no matter how outrageous .... and she's older than me. Yet I was always able to fool her
Post 26 IP   flag post
Sharon private msg quote post Address this user
I'm going back to Shenandoah next Saturday, for Shenfest. And this year, weather permitting, I have a car to park next to the little house!
Post 27 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
I hope the weather is good Sharon then you can show off the Mustang. 🏁
Post 28 IP   flag post
Sharon private msg quote post Address this user
Fingers are crossed! Right now the forecast looks good. They will be showing the Albert Hall reunion concert and a film of the return to Shenandoah , and the theme this year is honoring service members, hopefully our favorite Marines will be remembered.Thanks Chris!
Post 29 IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
Hope that you have a wonderful time at Shenfest Sharon....wouldn't it be nice if we could ALL meet up there next year? A forum gathering would be so nice, meeting members from all over the USA, UK, Mexico, Germany....
Post 30 IP   flag post
53018 33 30
destitute