The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
DarrenGreenwood private msg quote post Address this user
One of my favourites by the Ev's. Please enjoy!

Post 1 IP   flag post
RicardoAPriori private msg quote post Address this user
Great choice Darren!

Like this version best! Don playing in D w/capo on 1rst fret, while Phil plays E w/o a capo, and Don's alternating bass; also both of them rising in parallel on the falsetto part [which they stopped doing and started experimenting with different possibilities of Don going above Phil in later versions].

Maybe you'll enjoy old archived posting of this lovely song:

PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR OLD POST OF REUNION CONCERT VERSION

Sorry hadn't had the chance to greet you here before, if for a sad reason. [I, myself joined the only fan site I belong to with Phil's passing.]

Post 2 IP   flag post
DarrenGreenwood private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Ricardo its good to be here. I have two favorite Everly LP's they are "Songs Our Daddy Taught Us!" and "Roots"
Post 3 IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
Always enjoyable, thanks Darren.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Darren. Werenโ€™t they just fantastic back then?. I looked back at the old post of them singing at the Reunion concert and I had always noticed there was a slight blip near the beginning of the song but never sure which one went wrong. Ricardo clarified what the mistake had been and it makes an added interest watching their interaction. Phil watches very closely after his mistake. It still sounds wonderful though and I love both versions. ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž
Post 5 IP   flag post
RicardoAPriori private msg quote post Address this user
Good you noticed & took the time to check it out Roxy.

Recently posted this one on the "Happy Birthday Edan" thread, but here goes again; closer to your generation, Darren, LOL!

Post 6 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Lovely version! Thanks for this post Darren! I can play this but can't begin to sing along like the boys do!! I have an amp that lets you add a version of your own voice above, in tandem or below your own as you sing but it can't begin to do it like Phil and Don! Gorgeous song!! The Everly/Avalon version is v nice too!! Well done Edan! Love the Reunion version also! I think the reunion concert is the best musical event captured on DVD EVER! They just can't do anything but be great every time they sing!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
53018 7 7
destitute