The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Phil with Top Hat and Jacquie7814

Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
There has been a shorter version of them singing Our House before. Sorry don’t know who Top Hat and Jackie are. Love. Phils comment at the end. Hope my cheeks don’t look fat!! Xx❤️❤️
Post 1 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb
Phils comment at the end. Hope my cheeks don’t look fat!!

Joy I do love to watch this video, done for the best of intentions and they got Phil to help out, just brilliant.

Joy I too love the comment at the end, so Phil isn't it?
Post 2 IP   flag post
You are right Chris. All donations are for Habitat for Humanity xx❤️❤️
Post 3 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
I just loved the way the lady wouldn't make eye contact with Phil at the start; you can see they would have broken out laughing if she had
Post 4 IP   flag post
Yes I’m surprised they didn’t. Ever the professional xx❤️❤️
Post 5 IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
Phil watches her though. I think it is instinctive for him to do that and is how he achieves his perfectly timed harmonies. It also makes me smile when Top Hat gives Phil advice on when to come in on the song etc., The whole video is gentle and charming. Thank you for posting.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Judyc13 private msg quote post Address this user
Thought I was going to see Phil wearing a top hat, but after that disappointment, this was very nice - an unusual recording.
Post 7 IP   flag post
DarrenGreenwood private msg quote post Address this user
Such a lovely song! I love it. And Phil's comment at the end lol What a great sense of humour he had
Post 8 IP   flag post
donandphilfan private msg quote post Address this user
Hadn't seen or heard this before and now I can't stop watching it! Fabulous, just love him!!
Post 9 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Gorgeous track I have never heard this before Does anyone know when this was recorded?
Post 10 IP   flag post
BobbyBri private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee
Gorgeous track I have never heard this before Does anyone know when this was recorded?

From Everlypedia:

OUR HOUSE
Phil Everly contributed vocals to this lovely song written and performed by husband and wife Ken “Tophat” Thomas and Jackie Thomas. It was performed/recorded during the kick-off of the Loving Quarters For Living Quarters campaign for Habitat For Humanity of Baldwin
County at the Hangout in Gulf Shores, Alabama, presumably in January 2009.
Post 11 IP   flag post
54033 11 11
destitute